Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: hotrod66_57's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View hotrod66_57's profile Entries: 38
Views: 3475
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

06-24-2008 08:17 PM dolly
My dad was nice enough to spend the day making me a dolly for the cab so i could roll it in and out of the garage to sand blast and such.

four HF casters and a few pieces of wood and there you go. It works really well and it's sure better than trying to lift the thing

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #38]

06-24-2008 06:32 PM Frame
Here's the almost bare frame. Bare at least in that it doesn't have any body panels on it. I'll be waiting until next summer to pull the engine out and take the suspension off.

I would say this is defiantly in need of a lowering... now the question is how much.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

06-24-2008 06:11 PM passenger side step
Like the driver side the passenger side step went very quickly. I was able to use the same templates as i did on the other side. Not much more to say, it looks good.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

06-24-2008 06:00 PM passenger patches
not pretty but then again they don't have to be. I'm just glad to be done with the majority of the floor.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

06-23-2008 07:02 PM Driver side step
This is what I came up with for the replacement of the inside step.

It's 16 gauge steel and I'm still planning on bracing the back side with something. I haven't decided what yet, probably angle iron.

I had to use two pieces and i flanged the second one to make it fit near flush. It looks nice! Much better than the hole that was there. I'll do the welding on the other side after i flip the cab back up in a few days hopefully.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #34]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8