I bought a T Bucket Kit from Total Performance. It came with the frame, front suspension, rear suspension and axle housing, complete steering and body with floor and transmission hump all molded together. The engine mounts, transmission mounts, brake master cylinder and pedal are also included. The main reason I bought it was they had a one day internet sale on the kits, so I saved about $1,000, plus they are only about 3 hours away, so I went and picked it up to save the shipping cost. It may be a kit, but there is still a lot of work to do, but the engineering factor has been taken out of the equation. It will be my first real hot rod, so I figured this would be a good start.
I first wanted to mock up the components to see what the stance will be like and figure out how the motor and transmission will sit. So I loosely assembles all the suspension pieces, but I didn't run the lock nuts down all the way so I didn't ruin the nylon locks on the nuts. I also located a pumpkin and axles for the Ford 8" rear end. This turned out to be a rear challenge. Turns out the 8" rear end that Total included with the kit is from a v-8 powered Maverick. Good luck finding those axles in the local junkyard. I did find a used pair on the internet, but it took a while. I had to buy and adapter kit for the front spindles to mount Dodge Aspen rotors (Ford bolt pattern). I'm on a budget, but I think everything will be as much Ford as possible, more for sentimental reasons that anything, but that's another story. Now I have a rough rolling chassis that I mount the motor and transmission in to locate the mounts a measure up a driveshaft.
I don't have a boom lift and even if I did, I'd have to remove the injection system from the motor to get it out, theres not much clearence in there. So, I took the "easy" way out. My goal was to remove the motor with as much intact as possible. I also took as much of the wiring harness as possible in tact.