Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: tuske427's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View tuske427's profile Entries: 333
Views: 83794
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (67): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

07-14-2013 09:18 PM assembling 2
Got a little bit done this weekend- I put some of that foam insulation inside my doors. It helps take the "tinny" sound out, and unlike dynamat it's really light, and some seam sealer along the bottom edge, and hung them on the car. I had to drill out and tap the door mounts on the bottom to the next size up as they were stripped out. I also put the rear bumper on, but it's not quite aligned yet. I'll need to mess around with that, after I take the clamps off the trunk weatherstripping. It didn't seat well so I'm taking a different approach this time.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #278]

07-07-2013 07:35 PM Painting part 6 and lots of curse words
I also painted more pieces black (I seem to have better luck with rattle cans) and I installed the trunk weatherstripping, and put more weight on it to help train the seal.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #277]

07-07-2013 07:34 PM Painting part 5 and lots of curse words
I took advantage of the holiday weekend we had to try and get the rest of my car "temporary" painted. One day this car will go back to the Verdoro green it originally came with, but for now, it'll get a coat of clear to keep it from rusting and let me drive it/ tweak it/ tune it/ and ease the burden on my wallet. (still have many parts to buy) Besides, I'm more interested in driving my car than making it a pretty show car. Been there, done that, and this will have a nice "raw" look to it, with gouges, dents, weld marks and all. I gave my "clear" parts a quick sanding to give it a consistent grain, and used KBS diamond clear as they advertised it could go straight over bare metal. If only I knew how to paint... I'm sure the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing didn't help, painting in my garage didn't help, nor did using a new gun (not used to it, etc) and it was clear which made it difficult to see. Needless to say there are many runs, fisheyes, and orange peel all over the place despite my best efforts to seal the garage up, use filters, clean everything and wipe it down before spraying. Good thing this can always be removed and repainted. I only put on 2 coats, so there isn't a lot of material to polish back down, though I may attempt to practice the process of fine sanding, cutting and polishing the runs in the paint just for the experience of it.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #276]

06-30-2013 09:27 PM Interior panels and Spanner wrench
After checking out my engine I decided to build a spanner wrench for my coil over shocks. I've had cheap ones bend on me, and didn't want to special order an expensive one, so I figured I'd build one.

Today I assembled my front coil overs, and recovered my rear armrest panels. I used some of my foam insulation as padding and reused my original covers. They're in decent enough "driver shape" for now, as I have to save $$ somewhere to pay for my engine. The areas that used to hold the ashtrays now serve as the cut outs for the roll cage. I will need to build some plastic trim pieces to go over them.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #275]

06-30-2013 09:26 PM Redline 2
I got my gauges back form Redline this week. They had done a mechanical (electrical) upgrade to my gauges. I like the classic look, so the faces were left alone. They used the guts from an autometer speedometer. It now has an electronic speedometer, and lcd odometer, as well as an updated voltmeter, and updated tachometer electronics. I painted the back lit areas to a red color, as I have never been a fan of that "green" glow from old GM products. I prefer the look of red as used in late model Pontiacs.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #274]

Pages (67): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.