Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: tuske427's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View tuske427's profile Entries: 318
Views: 66225
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (64): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

10-28-2012 07:46 PM Front bumper rebuild 2
This project is to get the front bumper to sit flush against the body and look like it was meant to be there. The factory hastily let this thing float way out in front. I think I can do better.

The front bumper is still a work in progress. I also had to shorten the lower bumper brackets to get the bumper to sit closer to the body. I spent most of the weekend aligning the body to the ends of the bumper. I also added flanges on the inner edge to help eliminate visible gaps and light shining through. I also had to push some of the fenders out along the bottom edge to sit closer to the bumper. I have some "before" and "after" pics. you can see the improvements. From that I now need to reposition the header panel as it's causing interference with the hood shutting fully. It got pulled inward as I attempted to get the bumper to sit where I wanted it. After that I need to add some material along the edges of the hood itself and the bumper to get those gaps right. They just don't align to my satisfaction.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #248]

09-30-2012 09:02 PM front bumper bracket revision
A little more progress on my bird this weekend. I chopped off the damaged area of the bumper and welded on the new section, as well as shortened my bumper brackets. I found that I couldn't move the bumper back far enough to where I want it to be, so I shortened it.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #247]

09-30-2012 09:01 PM Front bumper rebuild
A little more progress on my bird this weekend. I chopped off the damaged area of the bumper and welded on the new section, as well as shortened my bumper brackets. I found that I couldn't move the bumper back far enough to where I want it to be, so I shortened it.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #246]

09-23-2012 08:27 PM panel alignment 5
I also had a little time this afternoon so I started to install more of the front end. I also got out my stash of front bumpers and decided that I'd try combining the two damaged ones I have to make the one I want, as opposed to cutting up a good usable one. I can always use one of them if I fail in my attempt to combine the two. 2 of them are original 400 bumpers, the other two aren't, but they are original non 400 bumpers. The one has been rechromed and has been drilled out to hold a 400 bumper. The shame is without removing the arrowhead emblem one would never know. Original 400 bumpers have two stamped holes in them for the arrowhead emblem.

I started to assemble the bumper and parts- and will need to modify the holes to make them fit further back so I can get a flush fit.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #245]

09-23-2012 08:26 PM panel alignment 4
This weekend I made a little more progress- I was able to finish up trimming my cowl panel by lowering the middle section. It sits pretty well now, and I also installed my bottom most panel (not exactly sure of the name) I didn't like how the factory had it attach on the outside of the lower valence, so I re-engineered it to install on the inside. I also filled in the original bolt holes & redrilled them to fit, as well as widened the panel to fill in the triangular shaped gaps that were there. Then I added a flange to fit along the inner edge and finally welded some nuts on the panel for ease of installation.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #244]

Pages (64): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.