To do that I tied down the front brake line along the crossmember, assembled the flywheel/ clutch/ throwout bearing and bolted & torqued the trans to the engine, then learned that I should measure the throwout bearing so it came back apart. Seems I'm within spec (barely) and shouldn't need a shim for the throwout bearing. Since I was on a roll I set the engine in the car on Sat night. I did gouge a few areas and scrape some paint. Oh well, I plan to drive the car, not trailer it to shows. I also mocked up the fuel line and installed the fuel pressure regulator and cut the hole for the shifter. I have the original bracket from the old trans tunnel that I'll weld back in for support. I have a few more parts on order and hope to get a little more done over the holiday weekend.
A little more progress on the brake lines this weekend. I made the rear axle tubes, and the large one across the bottom of the car. I have it connected to the proportioning valve, but forgot to get a pic. Next week. I also made a bracket for the valve out of a scrap piece of square tube and got that mounted. I'm sure with this, and my brake lines there will be some interference with the inner fender. Oh well.
All I have left for the brake lines is the front tube, but I'll wait until after my engine is in to make that.
Today, with 3 trips to the hardware store, I was able to finally get my tank installed. I keep ruining the stainless steel tank strap carriage bolts. They just bind up and break when trying to remove the nuts. Very frustrating. I also built a few flexible fuel lines with some goodies that arrived from Summit Racing. I ordered the PTFE lines and put a few sections together and connected them to the tank, as well as made a few of the front brake lines and installed my master cylinder. Between using the copper nickel alloy and the Eastwood brake flaring tool these were a breeze to make. Let's just hope they don't leak. I also tacked on a few brackets to the rear axle for mounting brake lines before I ran out of daylight.
Today I had a day to work on the car. I was able to get the fuel pump installed after 3 attempts- kept breaking bolts and making a mess of it it's installed in the tank. The tank is now loosely assembled in the car, and will be tightened in after I add some fuel lines (still need to purchase) and clamps for the filler neck (still need to purchase). I also started roughing in some front brake lines using some 9 gauge bailing wire.