Pics of my roof foam insulation installation and repainted hoop supports (looks just like it did last weekend)
Also, in my haste- I've installed my kick panels and e-brake (remembering those go in early), but now I'm thinking they need to come back out as I didn't install the door jam switches for the dome light. While it may be possible to install those, it'll be a lot easier to fish the wire where I want it with them out. So out they'll come again...
I'm back in the garage for a little bit- only to discover that somehow I botched my fabrication while building my car. I swear I mocked this up, but when I went to fit my hydroboost unit to the firewall it wouldn't fit. It interfered with the hoop support tube in my engine bay. d'oh! So the cut off wheel came out and I spent most of my time notching the tube to make enough clearance. Now I'm concerned that when I install a master cylinder it will interfere with my inner fender. I just know it will...
After notching the tube I painted it again, and a few more parts today, as well as some foam insulation on my roof.
Determined to make the most of my time off I went back at it again today. And today was a much better day. The folks at KBS credited me for the congealed paint- kudos to their service dept. Turns out the stuff I had already (Rust Seal) is sufficient as a chassis paint. The top coat is only needed to protect against long term UV exposure. So my chassis painting is all set. I also applied more of the semi gloss paint on the fire wall and interior.
I still have a few small parts to paint, but the major part is taken care of for now.
I took a few days off this week to try and get some painting done on the interior and chassis of my car. I'm not sure which of the gods I've angered this time, but it feels like it's been one setback after another.
I did get the doors painted finally (this was the second attempt as I had setbacks with them last weekend). Yesterday the KBS Rust Seal I sprayed reacted with my car. It beaded up in numerous places. Whether I sprayed it wrong, or prepped the car wrong I'll never know. So I spent some time sanding paint back off. I'll try again the next day. What paint didn't bead up ran. So I spent some time sanding paint back off. I'll try again the next day... Then I went to open my brand new can of KBS Chassis paint- and discovered that the paint inside had congealed. Half the can was a solid rubber-like goo that wouldn't mix or thin down with the rest of the liquid paint inside. I spent ten minutes trying to mix it and all I did is break up some of the rubber chunks and made a mess while doing that. Grrr.
At least the low gloss paint I purchased at my local paint supply worked well. It laid down properly and is providing a nice low gloss sheen on the loose parts I painted so far. I'll ultimately use this on the rest of the interior and engine bay area.