So I got a little time in on my car today. I was able to wrap up the back panel pieces/ installation. Next weekend I hope to get going on the wheel well assembly. June will be a non productive month for me
In other news I came across a local survivor '68 400 car. #'s matching, AC/ deluxe interior, black plates, etc. Very complete car. If I get it I'd tool around in it as a cruiser (roof is shot under that vinyl), but that would be $$/ time I'm not putting into my car. Decisions decisions...
Another week, another project update. I worked on the passenger quarter today. Got a little more welding in and started on the back area. I got curious and pulled out the bumper I have. It's slightly dented, so I'll need to repair or replace it. What's interesting is it almost fits. It's very close. so, either I can modify the car to fit the bumper or the bumper to fit the car. There are advantages to both options, so I'll need to weigh them and run with one.
I got a little time in today to start on the pass side quarter panel installation. I spent a third of the day today just aligning my door and front fender first to get them aligned better for reference. Without it, I'd be guessing where the panel is going.
This week I got a little work done and was able to finish up the driver quarter. I added the quarter extension in, added material to the inner bumper structure, and trimmed and added the trunk floor extension.
I used '69 trunk floor extensions thinking they would have more material to work with. I flattened the curved area to maximize material and trimmed it to fit.
On the underside of the wheel well I ended up making a few trim pieces to fill in the gap. this gave me more area to attach to the quarter to. I also added a second wall to the inside of the fender edge for more strength (which I trimmed the recessed step away- I'll be doing this to the remaining ones also)
There is quite a gap on the inside where tail pipes once went. I won't be running my exhaust past the axle so I'm thinking of closing this area off.