Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: tuske427's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View tuske427's profile Entries: 314
Views: 64397
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (63): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

04-30-2011 11:11 PM Driveshaft safety hoop 3
welding the support and trial fitting it in the car. The hoop will also help box the upper control arm mounts. I'll add gussets later after I get everything welded in.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #139]

04-30-2011 11:09 PM Driveshaft safety hoop 2
I sliced out a channel for this to fit in and shown are the straps I bent. I also cut out a hole in the trunk floor to make an access panel for my fuel tank pump. Tha'ts another project I haven't finished yet.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #138]

04-30-2011 11:07 PM Driveshaft safety hoop 1
Last weekend and today I worked on the driveshaft safety hoop. I made a quick sketch of how I'd like to build it and last weekend I bought more metal and roughed out the parts. Because my drivetrain isn't in and I don't have a driveshaft yet I believe it would be difficult to accurately calculate the range of driveshaft will travel, so I'm only making part of it now and will make the bottom half later when everything else is in.

A big thanks goes out to my neighbor Brett for taking some time to slice the parts out with his plasma cutter. That saved me a lot of time and clean up, not to mention cut off wheels and a big dusty mess to clean up. I bent the strips by hand with my vise and then welded it up. I also cut more tubing to make sleeves (same method that I did for my frame rails) for the bolt holes/ bottom half. I'll drill the correct size holes when I determine which fasteners I'll use. I was lucky enough that the 1" tape was the right size so I could cut the tubes relatively clean without a lathe. I welded the top areas and then drilled some holes on the bottom to plug weld the sleeves to the bottom. I didn't want to fill up the inside of the holes with weld...

I was able to tack weld and start welding the bracket in this afternoon, but I still have more welding to do. for some reason I am plagued with contamination when I'm welding this. I sanded, ground it down, welded, re welded, etc. Just one of those days, I guess. I won't be working on tomorrow as I have volunteered to help out at the Edelbrock car show tomorrow at their hq in Torrance. I think I'll be driving the Hot Wheels '66 GTO there. I'm looking forward to that.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #137]

04-30-2011 11:05 PM exhaust channel 4
Just a few more pics of how that turned out


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #136]

04-17-2011 08:58 PM exhaust channel 3
I still have some clean up and welding to do, then it's onto the next project


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #135]

Pages (63): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.