This weekend was very productive! My neighbor Brett helped me locate the rear axle under the car and we have it mocked up in place. Upon measuring, and remesauring we got it pretty square, within 1/16". The welds are tacked in for now, and when the body goes on a rotisserie, then final welds can be done with much more ease.
The upper link brackets needed modification to fit the contour of my frame. I also made a jig to help ensure that the left and right side were square to one another.
The panhard bar isn't on yet, but the mounting bracket for it needed cutting to make it fit.
OK, these past 2 weekends I've been able to spend one day each on making new frame sections for my car. I will weld these in and it'll give a stronger support for the car.
I started out with single pieces I cut out, but ended up cutting them and rewelding them back together for a much better fit.
I'll have the 17th to the new year off of work and plan to work on my car. I hope to get more progress done during this time. Even my wife is out of town (out of the country, actually) so if I don't get much done I can only blame myself!
I'm still alive. Just been busy with work, family, etc. Even though I had a "4 day weekend" only today did I have any time to put into my car. Attached are pics of what I did. I wasn't happy with how the panel was coming out. I was getting a negative (concave) dip in the panel in the middle of the car, so I cut it and re welded it. You can see as I placed a ruler along it the "gap" went away.
I also did more welding to it and got it roughed out to where I'm happy with it for now.
I should get more work done this next month, I hope.