Today I worked on chopping my old floor pans out getting the car ready to accept the replacement floor pans. MY subframe connectors are tacked in on the rear rails, but there isn't enough metal left in them to accept a continuos weld. They will need reinforcing, but I'll deal with that when my rear axle/ suspension shows up.
I removed the seat braces and was able to clean up the sides of the rocker panels. looks like my passenger panel may need more patches. I have also rough trimmed the floor pans to fit. They are close enough that I can start welding them in and final trim as needed.
I'll have the tops of the subframe connectors welded before install, as well as painting the bare metal with rust encapsulator.
Everyone deserves an awesome neighbor. I'm lucky to have one myself- Brett. The next series of pics are the results of him welding up my subframe. Unfortunately for me and my car, while welding the subframe connectors we discovered the rear frame rails are rusted enough that a good weld was not able to be achieved, so I'll be needing either new frame rails, or, at the least reinforcing them with more material. I'll probably go for the latter, as this way I can build exactly what I need and use any thickness gauge of material I choose.
The pics attached are mostly of the underside of the subframe, including a reinforcement gusset added to the DSE frame bracket. This should help provide more stability for this part (instead of just relying on welding it to the sheet metal) One pic you can see the side profile of it, but it is only tack welded in that view. DSE provides a triangular bracket to act as a gusset for the top side, but that has not been added yet.
My next post will show pics of the subframe connectors in place.