This was one of those weekends where I did many little projects. I dropped my headers off for ceramic coating, installed two grounds to the engine block (with the frame ties welded into the car body, there is little point to grounding the body to sub frame), cleaned up and painted the galvanized metal panels that run alongside the rocker panels (then remembered that, oh yeah, I should have test fit these first. oops...) mounted the fuse box on my trans tunnel (absolutely no room on the firewall). I did insulate the back side w/ header wrap so the fuse panel doesn't soak up the heat from the engine/ trans. I'll need to build a box now to help hide this. I also laid out my battery cables and started to mount those in place. The ground wire is just long enough. I don't think I'll be trimming that one at all. I drilled some holes and installed grommets anywhere they passed through metal, and I insulated the positive side with that plastic loom for extra protection. I'll get some heat insulation for the engine compartment to help fight against voltage drop.
This weekend was a bunch of little projects. I got the collector back on, as well as O2 bungs, and added fasteners to my trans tunnel for the center console and rubber shifter boot. I also attached a few more clamps for my fuel/ brake lines.
My wiring showed up so I can start to work on that, too. I need to get my headers coated now so I can get them installed and then start reinstalling the front end sheet metal.
After picking up some pre bent tubing sections I made a mess in my garage this weekend, I mean I did a lot of cutting, sanding/ grinding/ trimming to rebuild the driver side header to fit my car. Man, these things are a lot of work. Of course, I'm sure there are some tricks to doing this that I wish I knew about. Now I just need to put the collector back on, do some clean up work and send these out for coating.
I replaced my oil pan as I unfortunately had a broken one and it was wicking oil out of an epoxied area. Stupid me, I should have replaced the pan before I had my engine built. Live and learn... So I got a new one and swapped that in. No more leaks, the way it should have been...