Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Lonestar's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Lonestar's profile Entries: 4
Views: 2115
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

03-18-2006 10:58 AM Finally getting going...
I have been planning on stripping the car down this year. I was at the scrapyard this morning and came across a full passenger side quarter panel meticulously cut off the car. Evidently the guy never came back to purchase it.

Not much rust to speak of, properly cut at all factory points...$25 bucks and it was all mine. I would say that to find a 33 year old part in this condition is 1 in a million...just laying there for me!

I hope to have the car stripped and ready for reassembly this summer.

I just cannot believe my luck in finding this one!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

09-30-2004 05:07 PM More scrap yard pics
Here are some more of my poor baby in the scrap yard. What do you guys all think of the new project?

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

09-30-2004 04:57 PM 13 years later
After the car was complete, my wife (now ex-wife) started having a problem with the 'Bird. I ended up selling it to calm the storm.

One day in the summer of 1999, I was strolling through the scrap yard looking for parts, and I came across my car!! It looked terrible, but it was still my 'Bird.

I bought the car back for $175 + tax (I know, who would be that crazy), but I always loved that car.

Here are pics of the car when and where I found it.

I am doing this journal as I hope it will help me to document my work better. I have a terrible habit of not doing that. I also think it will be fun to do this with my son. Due to time constraints, it probably won't be started until next year, but we'll see.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

09-30-2004 04:41 PM My 1973 Firebird "Hell on Wheels"
This is the new project that I am going to start with my 14 year old son. These pictures were taken back in 1986 when I first owned it. I got the body for $50 and installed a 455 Buick stroked to 492 with a Kenne-Belle kit.

Ran 3.23 gears and she would just flat out haul down the highway!!

These pictures were taken prior to finishing the body.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]