Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Rufus_2's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Rufus_2's profile Entries: 54
Views: 10507
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

11-16-2011 01:38 PM Long time no post
Wow it's been a long time since I've posted to my journal much has happened over the last year, both to the car and to me personally. The best thing has been the addition of a next generation hot rodder. My wife and I had a baby girl in June. In between taking care of the pregnant wife and then helping with the newborn I have managed a little shop time. The brakes are half installed, the body is back on the frame, and the front fenders and grip have been fitted to start looking at clearances. I'm hoping during the holidays to get the body media blasted and sealed. Here are some pictures and more to come soon.

[Entry #54]

08-23-2010 07:20 PM More Progress
I've finally gotten some time to work on the car. Over the weekend, I managed to start running the fuel lines. I ran the flex lines from the tank and plan to run the hard lines within the next few weeks. The flex lines have worked well. I managed to run most of the flex lines through the back of the frame. This way i don't have to worry about hot exhaust and rubber lines. More pictures soon

[Entry #53]

04-20-2010 06:26 PM Another Picture
Here's another picture of the motor and trans in the frame

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #52]

04-20-2010 06:25 PM Here are the pictures
I finally got pictures of the motor and trans. As with everything on this project just when I get something accomplished, I find another problem. Now that I have added some weight to the frame, I needed to install the front springs. In the process of doing so I found that I galled a lower ball joint pretty badly. Luckily its a screw in ball join so it should make for an easy repair this weekend and get the frame back on its wheels. Till then enjoy the photos.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #51]

04-17-2010 10:42 PM It's finally starting to look like a car
I finally hit a major milestone. The engine and transmission are back in the frame and hopefully will not come back out again. I have a couple more things to do before adding the valve covers and intake but at least the frame is holding something. Now to finish the initial body work so I can get the body back on the frame. I also need to finish fuel lines, brakes and drive shaft before the body goes on. But I definitely making progress. I'll post pictures soon.

[Entry #50]

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11