Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: VWFan's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View VWFan's profile Entries: 11
Views: 2235
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

12-05-2005 11:45 AM logo fun!
Here are some of the ideas I had with my logo...

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

09-23-2005 02:17 PM Door Panels
Here's a pic of my homemade custom door panels. I made these with different thicknesses of MDF and stacked them to get the 3-D flame effect. Before assembly I painted them with gray and black stone textured paint. I like them, but I need to find a better method... I was thinking of using these as a mold and making them from plastic or something...

The second pic is of a little project I started to spice up my hood emblem. I made the original out of a cutting board then my freind made a silicone mold that I can now pour a 2-part plastic into. I can make one in about 30 minutes now! These could have many uses outside the VW world... Cup holders, gauge pod accents, taillight rings... Hmmm... Maybe I could market a few...

The last one was funny! The custom door panels needed a custom door pull so I improvised with a couple of toilet paper roll holders, hence this photo.... Yes, that's me....LOL

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

09-23-2005 01:52 PM Vert in Paint!
Here is a pic of the 68 Vert with it's new coat of paint. Not too bad for a first time job! A few little defects to work out and I'll shoot 'er with another coat of color and then clear!

Second shot is of the steering wheel I restored. Not bad if I may say so myself!

And finally, an in-progress pic of the custom wheel I am working on for the 69. Looks wicked huh? Wait 'til it's done, you'll be amazed!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

09-23-2005 01:48 PM It's been a while...
Well, it's been a hectic summer and thankfully I spent more time working on my projects than playing around on the internet! So, here are a few pics of my hood project on my 69 Bug. I decided to go with this fresh air induction style hood. I know, Iknow, it serves no use in a rear-engine Bug... Yes it does, it looks cool! Obviously still a work in progress, but you get the idea.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

11-10-2004 07:00 PM more primer....
After what seemed like a lot of sanding, I was ready for a couple more coats of primer. This time I got a lighter gray.

In the second picture you can see the final product of the rear apron....Well final primer anyways.

It's starting to come around....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3