It's not necessarily pretty, but no one will see it once the interior is in. Bought a lot of tools - bead roller, shrinker/stretcher, air shear, air saw, etc. Learned a lot. It took a long time to get to this point. The other side should go much quicker.
Had to get the upper qtr. panel finished. The previous owner had used a MIG to fill the holes. Most of the "fills" popped out on the ground. Lesson learned - I am not a Randy Ferguson - I will be using some filler - don't take so long finding this out on other panels. Cleaned it and painted with POR 15. Installed the Dynamat. The lower portion will be done after I install the patch panel (and the floor section, and the rocker assembly, and ......) The fit up looks good. Welding should take place Thursday night after work (9-14-06).
Well, I would like to say the window box is all welded in. Probably more like 75%. And I would like to say I did a good job. Tonight was one of those nights I should have quit and watched TV. I couldn't weld my way out of a paper bag tonight. Oh well.
I tacked it up. Checked the regulator and glass. The window rolls up and down OK. It will need some tweaking. But overall, I am happy with the fit. Then I worked on welding the box in. Old steel, weld thru primer, and a marginal welder.