Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 543
Views: 145886
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (109): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

04-29-2013 09:33 PM More Door
Getting the window adjusted has been a challenge. First the door top was massaged so that the attachment plate was located correctly with respect to the outer cat whiskers. Then the front and rear channels were adjusted as well as the lower part of the lift mechanism. It comes down great. The going up is the best it has ever been. I think I am down to the fine tuning.

The emergency release was installed and adjusted so the door will close without kinking the cable. A little lube once the car is complete will keep things working smooth.

I spent a bit of time locating the door in the opening and planning my attack of the door gaps. At this point the door is ready to gut, grind, and weld.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #498]

04-14-2013 10:36 PM More Driver's Door
Saturday 4-13-2013.

Had to go into the office for training in the AM so got a late start.

Forgot to get a photo last month of the solenoid mounted at the bottom rear of the driver's door.

Mounted the contact strip on the A pillar and put on some temporary wires.

Used a 1/4" bolt for a grounding lug.

Got a feel for the door release handle and window crank handle on the power window switch. Window crank handle will mount as shown. Tried the vent window handle but it required too much effort. The original regulator handle works best. The door release looks good in this orientation but I am not sure how safe it would be. To be decided.

Shut the door and hooked up the battery. The solenoid works great. The window switch triggers the relays and runs the electric motor so the window support goes up and down perfectly. Now all I have to do is put in the glass and eliminate the dragging while going up.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #497]

04-14-2013 07:14 AM Driver's Door
March 16, 2013
I am a little late posting. I determined the location for the door connectors on the A pillar. The hole was cut. Then the opening was used to mark the corresponding hole on the door. That hole was cut and the contact strip was mounted. The wires had to be soldered to the pins. The harness for the window switch and relays was completed. The hole for the emergency door release was cut in the door and the boot was fitted.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #496]

02-21-2013 09:06 PM Power Windows
Monday it was warm enough to do some work. I used the original glass to align the rear channel of the driver's door and locked it in place. The front guide was tweaked until it was in line with the glass. The glass was then placed in the channels and the front channel was positioned and tightened. Finally, the power window assembly was installed and adjusted. It rolls down fine. Going up is a little rough and, with the trim installed, a little noisy. It is close and I am hoping a little fine tuning will get it.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #495]

12-22-2012 04:08 PM Rear End (again)
It got up into the low 60's today, so I did a little bit more checking on the rear ends.

The axles on the 41 were pulled. I am glad I resisted the temptation to just forget the ratio and open carrier and run the rear as is. The tubes were full of crap. It would only require one piece of the pile of rust scale getting into a bearing to ruin your day.

Everything I discovered today plus what I discovered previously points to an 8.5 rear end under the 41.

30 spline pinion
10 bolt cover (which interchanges with the one on the truck)
10 bolt ring gear with 3/4" head bolts (L most probably indicates LH threads)
The side gears, pinions, and cross shaft from the truck rear fit the 41's housing perfectly.

Time to order parts.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #494]

Pages (109): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.