Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 543
Views: 146113
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (109): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

08-26-2012 07:16 PM Left Horn Baffle
The plan was simple. The horn baffles had to be modified to fit the modified radiator core support. I didn't want to trash my only horn baffles only to find out the core support modifications weren't going to work. So, I bought a spare pair on e-bay. That was the pair I modified because they were in the worst shape. Now I am cleaning them up and I find a series of rust through holes just below the bead at the bottom. A replacement section was cut out and the holes for the chin mount were cut. Hopefully the welding will get done tomorrow night.

Before and after shots. The paint and rust take forever to get off. There has got to be a better way.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #478]

08-25-2012 11:18 PM Right Inner Fender
Finished fabbing and welding the right inner fender. Cleaned the horn baffle.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #477]

08-22-2012 09:43 PM Right Front Inner Fender
Started on the right inner fender by opening up the hole. The main sheet metal piece was cut and formed. The tacks were put in and then the inner was checked for fit.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #476]

08-20-2012 08:27 PM Cowl Vent Filled
Came home from work and hit it. The tack welds were ground down to make welding a little easier to see. Skipped around cooling with a blow gun. After the final grinding, I checked to see how much it actually warped. It is not too bad. There was a small area that oil canned just to the passenger side of the opening. I hit it with the shrinking disc and a wet rag and the oil canning went away. A skim coat should finish this off.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #475]

08-19-2012 07:36 PM Cowl Vent Filler
Some masking paper was used to cover the cowl vent opening. Chalk was used to mark the edge which was the guide for cutting the paper template out. The template was then taped to a rectangle of 18 ga., the outline was made, and the piece was rough cut. After a lot of trimming and grinding, it fit the opening much better than the B**chin' part did. Tack welds were put in every inch and then every half inch, cooling with compressed air. Tomorrow I should be able to grind the welds down and finish welding the filler panel in.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #474]

Pages (109): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.