Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 592
Views: 160643
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (119): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119

04-10-2012 09:39 PM Rotisserie Mods
A little measuring and a little math let me know that I made the rotisserie too tall.

So, they must be cut apart and put back together 9 inches shorter. The first one went under the knife tonight.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #432]

04-08-2012 07:43 AM Loose Ends
Getting the house ready to paint so haven't had much time to work on the car. That and the weather.

I did get the clamps put on the firewall to hold the wiring harness which goes to the back of the engine and tranny. Then the harness was pulled and boxed. The photo is out of focus because the camera focused on the master cylinder.

I took one final set of measurements on the body. Determined the rotisserie stands need to be 47 inches floor to center. I think I am going to be modifying them!

I have decided to make one final fabrication before the body comes off the frame for bottom cleaning. I have to run the starter cable at least from the trunk to the right frame rail. I am concerned the trunk floor will need some modifications. I want the floor in final primer before it goes back on the frame for body work.


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #431]

04-01-2012 07:16 AM Trans Tunnel
Busy weekend so far. My wife had a garage sale here last weekend and set up at a friends house this weekend. We went to the gun show Saturday morning. Co-worker brought his log splitter by Saturday afternoon so I can split the firewood we have been accumulating. Not much work on the car.

Friday night I did get to put some time in on the trans tunnel. The holes were drilled so it could be screwed tightly to the floor. Once that was done, a line was scribed showing the overlap of the front piece which overlapped the back piece. The tunnel was then removed and "opened" up so the overlap could be measured. This measurement was then transferred to the front section.

Saturday afternoon the excess was cut off the front section. Holes were drilled for the rosettes. Weld through primer was applied. The tunnel was reinstalled in the car. The butt weld was put in. A fair amount of hammering was required to shrink the forward piece into alignment with the rear section. After the butt weld was in, the reinforcing plate which had been spot welded to the rear section by the manufacturer was "massaged" to be in better contact with the forward section. The rosettes were installed.

Busy week ahead. Log splitting. Work on the house to prep for paint. Hope to get some work done on the car!


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #430]

03-26-2012 08:45 PM Parking Brake and Trans Tunnel
The front mount was welded to the floor. The cable housing was cut about an inch longer than needed. I did this because I have to remove the cable from the car one more time and I am sure it will fray. This will allow me to cut it one more time. Of course, it didn't fray tonight. The ferrule wil almost fall off from gravity.

I left the rear cables long so I can cut them to fit during final installation.

There are two more things that need to be done before I put the body on the rotisserie. The wiring harness needs two mounting clamps and the trans tunnel needs to be fit. I started fitting the tunnel tonight. The top needed trimmed a little, so that was done. Then a couple of screws were installed to hold it in place. The plan is to put all the screws in and work it to fit.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #429]

03-24-2012 08:21 PM Parking Brakes
Once the right cable was verified, the left was a breeze.

The front mount was located on the same center-line as the rear. They are far enough apart to accommodate the minimum adjustment and the full pull of the handle.

Last photo shows the front mount complete with gusset and end caps. Ready for weld through primer and 4 rosettes.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #428]

Pages (119): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.