Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 592
Views: 160120
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (119): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119

03-24-2012 08:16 PM Parking Brakes
Back to work on the e-brake cables. The right side was the tough one due to the need to cross over to the left side of the car, keeping clear of the driveshaft.

A spot was finally selected far to the left which allowed for more gentle curves in the cable housing. The mount needed to be 1 inch lower than the floor due to the floor brace just to the rear of the location. The mount was held in place temporarily until it was certain the cable would fit and function.

The cable was secured with Made 4 You clamps.

The mounting tube had a gusset added to the front of it. The ends were closed off. Finally the finished mount was attached to the floor pan with 4 rosette welds.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #427]

03-23-2012 08:44 PM Brake Lines
The 3/16" line is so much easier to work than the 3/8" line!

The Made 4 You clamps are a little closer together than the fuel line clamps since the 3/16" line is more flexible.

The vibration loop is over the bolt for the inner fender to frame bolt. A socket should go right in and tighten it up.

Once the lines to the wheel cylinders are fabbed, the brake lines are done. Unfortunately, I ran out of line. I need to buy some wheel cylinders. For now, I am moving back to the e-brake cables. The e-brake cables are the last thing I need to do before the body comes back off.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #426]

03-23-2012 08:37 PM Brake Lines
Took a day of vacation to help with the garage sale. Once we got the sale set up and it warmed up a bit, got started on the car.

The factory threaded hole on top of the center section was cleaned out. My original intent was to run the hose out the back of the rearend and up on top of the crossmember. After running the rearend up and down, it became clear that would not work. Sitting the block sideways will complicate the lines to the wheel cylinders, but the overall package will work better.

The line runs up on top of the crossmember and over to the frame rail.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #425]

03-17-2012 08:57 PM Brake Lines
The inner fender panels needed to be notched again to clear the tabs and hoses. A few more steps and the inner panels will be ready for the final rebuild of the upper a-frame cut outs.

The combi valve and bracket were installed. Then the lines for the front brakes were fabbed.

I ran out of time so the rears are not started. The master cylinder to combi valve lines also need fabricated. The brake lines should be done by this time next week.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #424]

03-17-2012 08:47 PM Fuel and Brake Lines
The front sheet metal and engine were removed. It is starting to take longer removing the engine due to the extra stuff which has been attached.

The first order of business once the engine was out was to put in the final fuel line clamp. There was no room to get the drill motor in there with the engine in.

The 18" long Jeg's brake hoses were put in place and the front suspension cycled up and down, right and left. The ideal spot turned out to be just inboard and forward of the hats. This was determined by holding them in place for the first try. Then they were tack welded in place and checked again. Once the location was certain, the tabs were fully welded in place.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #423]

Pages (119): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.