Don couldn't come over so I started on the rear fenders.
The left rear came from ebay with two dents and undercoating.
The undercoating was removed. Most came off with a scraper. Easy but time consuming. Hammer and dolly work removed most of the dents. Eleven holes on the front section of the fender were filled and ground smooth. Just 15 holes to go (on the left fender - plus 26 on the right fender!).
The left door was installed. The The door was centered. The upper hinge required two washers between the hinge and the door on all three bolts. I will replace this with a single plate once everything is finalized. The gaps aren't perfect. I'll get the right door done and then have Don take a look at them and give me some advice. I didn't get it hung today due in part to the heat and in part to misplacing two of the bolts. To the hardware store tomorrow!
I didn't feel the poppers would work on the jamb for the same reason the wire looms would not work. The door opens by moving out of the opening both front and rear instead of just pivoting at the front. It is a good design in that it allows the complex curves of the door clear the complex curves of the cowl while allowing the fender to fit close to the door opening. It does not lend itself to changes.
The hinge, however, does pivot away from the mount inside the A pillar.
Once the decision was made to mount the popper in there, getting it in there was a challenge. First, it had to clear the captured nut. I determined the center of the hole needed to be approximately 3/8" from the capture tab. You can't get in there to measure. I ended up scribing a line using a 3/8" open end wrench. Center punch then drill. The mounting flange had to be relieved. And the hinge had to be cut slightly. Testing shows the door does pop open enough to get your fingers under the flange to open it. I may have to shim the spring to get more push, but for now, both poppers are in and working.
The driver's side cowl had some problems. I believe the antenna was located here. The PO MIG'd the holes shut. However, there were weld boogers on the inside, the outside was rough, and you could see daylight through a bunch of holes. The outside and inside were both cleaned up. Weld, grind, repeat. A little hammer and dolly and it is good. There are some pits which will be under the front fender. I have to decide how to handle this.