Got a late start on Saturday. Went to an auction to try and buy a trailer. Went for more than a new one. And since it was more trailer than I originally wanted in the first place, it ended up going for about a grand more than the one I will buy from the dealer, saving 6 hours at the same time. Oh well, 6 hours of education. And I bought a pile of tools. LOL
Cut and welded in the three patch panels. The hole by the hump grew twice during the process. Ice pick assured it is all solid now.
In the first photo, you can see a hole to the left of the new patch. Apparently they "nailed" the carpet (mat) to the floor in several locations. A couple of them got patched on Saturday but I have to find a better way to do it. Going to see if I can back the hole up with copper somehow.
On the last photo, if you look to the left of the new patch in the bottom left corner you will see one horizontal and two vertical lack of fusion areas. I started back gouging and welding these Saturday as well. They are small. But I need to track them all down and fix them. Otherwise, I am sure they will develop into a crack sooner or later. This is what I intend to do during the coming week.
Finishing touches were put on the rotisserie. The handle was welded to the other retainer sleeve. 5/16" rods were welded to the lock bolts to allow quick tightening of the bolts when rotating the body.
Rather than trade out the wire spools and weld the lack of fusion on the butt welds, I decided to clean up some previous welds in the limited time available.
Unfortunately, a quick inspection of the floor turned up three more rust-throughs. One was sort of expected. The riser/brace at the front of the back seat had a sketchy area just to the right of the tunnel. Sure enough, there is a hole through the floor in that spot. The unexpected spots are at the ends of the same riser/brace in between the body mount bolt holes. Guess I get to cut them out. Hopefully, I won't find more bad when I cut.