Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 599
Views: 163817
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (120): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120

12-31-2011 08:58 PM Crossmember
Another warm Saturday.

Elongated holes in passenger side mount bracket. Drilled all 8 holes in the frame.

The mount flange was cut off and repositioned. The bracket still needs some gussets to finish it. But for now, it holds the transmission up.

The struts were attached. Two holes need to be elongated. The third one is so far out it will take more drastic mods to make it work. I am contemplating cutting out the hole and some of the surrounding material and welding in a new, wider, piece of metal which will allow for the hole to be drilled through base metal, not weld metal. I am going to have to think about this. Cold front coming through but next Saturday is supposed to be nice.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #394]

12-19-2011 06:20 AM Elongate Holes
Saturday was sorta warm, so I was able to get a little done.

Elongated the holes on the driver's side of the crossmember. Located it on the frame and started drilling holes. Hoping New Year's Day is warm.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #393]

11-19-2011 10:59 PM K-Member And Other Things
I cut the ends of the crossmember off. I actually thought I was cutting them long and would have to grind to fit. In the end, the driver's side was perfect as cut. The passenger side ended up a bit short. The holes will need to be elongated about 3/16" so the bolts will go through the flanges of the top hat frame. The brackets were tack welded to the crossmember. Don is going to finish weld it for me next week. The pad where the transmission mount attaches will have to be cut off and moved up after the crossmember is bolted in place.

The overflow tank was tweaked and mounted to the radiator. The transmission dipstick was installed by mounting it to the firewall.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #392]

11-14-2011 06:39 AM A little more wiring
Had to go out and measure for the starter cable. Had a few extra minutes so did a little wiring.

The black ground wire is the ground for the speedo sending unit. Got it cut to length and the terminal installed. This completes this wiring harness to the coil. All that is left is a couple of clamps to hold it to the firewall and some sleeve and pull ties to make it neat.

The oil sending unit wire was also cut to length and a terminal installed. Other than a few clamps and a ground wire for one of the fans, the firewall forward wiring harness is complete.

I also test fit the carb spacer and the distributor hold down. The carb spacer is great. The hold down, not so much. It is too large and hits the heater hose bung on the manifold. I have another one on order which should be smaller.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #391]

11-13-2011 07:31 AM Coil and K-Member
Made the final connections to the coil. The green wire goes to the Unilite. The small white wire goes to the tach. The one large pick wire obviously goes to the ballast resistor. The other one goes to the solenoid. I need to verify with Mallory that the ballast bypass is required on the Unilite.

Twenty rivets! Slotted the heads I could get to with a cut off wheel. Air hammer chiseled them off. A few popped out with a punch on the air hammer. Most had to be partially drilled out before they would budge. I hurt all over!

Put the CE crossmember in place and marked where to cut it. Didn't get it done before dinner time. Found out our favorite Sat. night spot closed. Bummed. Lost a great place to eat and I could have cut and fit the crossmember.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #390]

Pages (120): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.