Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 543
Views: 146195
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (109): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

10-16-2010 08:07 PM Battery Box
Several weeks ago I heard a hissing sound after welding on the seats. I thought maybe I had cut the gas line on the welder. Turned the bottle off. Still heard the hissing. The left front tire let go for no apparent reason (other than it was coming apart). I borrowed some tires from a co-worker just to roll it around on. The 14's did not fit the front, so I put them on the back and moved the backs to the front. Back on the ground.

I measured out and cut the last piece of 18 ga. I have around. Will have to get another sheet next weekend.

Marked out the lines for the beads. My wife came out and turned the crank while I guided the piece through. Worked out great. I will have to put a hole in the middle of the "X" for a drain. Then I used my poor man's break and bent it up to fit the ends. Didn't get it welded. Next weekend.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #333]

10-10-2010 08:07 PM AC and Wipers
First, I decided to try the Keep It Clean door jamb contacts. (see entry #328) I ordered a set of 3 for the driver's door and a set of 5 for the passenger's door. We'll see if they work.

I mounted the AC receiver/dryer behind the dash. I need to start snaking hoses to the bulkhead connector (which still isn't installed).

In order to make the dash easier to install, I cut the wiper wires and installed a 3 cavity Packard 56 connector.

I also did some installation work on the emergency door opener. For security reasons, I won't go into details or show photos of that.

I spent the rest of the time today looking for the folder with the wiring information. Finally found it when it was too late. Oh well.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #332]

09-25-2010 11:25 PM Front Seats
With the modified legs all the legs of the driver's seat rest on the floor. It will bolt up fine.

The passenger side was a mess. The car these came out of must have had a mountain range for a floor on the passenger's side. I shortened one leg back on 210 or 211. That was the right rear. Both left legs needed to be lengthened. I measured, cut, and welded. Ended up being close. A little more cutting, fabricating, and welding and the seats are level. I still need to mark and drill the holes on the passenger side.

I also worry that the seats are too low. Maybe the top needs chopped. Thought about, but not for long.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #331]

09-25-2010 11:20 PM Front Seats
I started modifying the seats way back on entries 210 and 211. Decided that I would work on them again.

The left front mount of the driver's seat had a large gap to the floor. Instead of piling up washers, I decided to extend the leg.

After a lot of measuring and cutting, the lengthened leg welded up.

I also put a 1/8" thick spacer on the right rear leg of the driver's seat.




(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #330]

09-18-2010 10:24 PM Wiring the Passenger Door
I have to look at the wire loom episode not as a failure. I identified one way which would not work for passing the wires to the door.

I did get the relays for the passenger door window wired up. There are five relays because there will be a switch on the dash so the driver can roll the passenger door window up and down. It will override the door switch.

The door switch holes were drilled and the switch was mounted. The five relays were mounted low in the door. A Weatherpack was installed between the relays and the motor.

Still to do. Power window circuit power wire needs to be attached to the first relay. The two wires from the dash switch needs to be connected to the relays. A ground stud needs to be attached to the inside of the door.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #329]

Pages (109): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.