Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 616
Views: 174919
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (124): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124

01-14-2012 09:47 PM Shifter and E-Brakes
Got a late start. A bit colder than last Saturday.

I determined the e-brake cables are going to have to meet just to the driver's side of the transmission hump. The right cable is just too short to do the frame mount on the driver's side frame rail. Not thrilled about it, but that's the way it is.

So, I had to install the shifter link so that I was sure the e-brake cable did not interfere. A little cutting. A little bending. The Lokar piece is in place.

I am still not 100% sure on how the cables will route. I did run them through the stock mounting clamps to see if this will work. So far so good.

I also checked how much cable travel there is when the handle is fully pulled. Approximately 2-3/4". This tells me how far apart to place the cable mounts and adjustment screw.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #396]

01-08-2012 12:18 AM Crossmember
I decided to cut the piece off of each strut which had the hole in the wrong place. I cut less than I had marked out last time. New pieces were cut and welded in. The other two holes on each strut were elongated. After all the drilling, cutting, grinding, welding, more grinding, and more drilling, the struts are done. All that is left is to reinforce the tranny mount flange.

I started on the brake cables. They were shorter than I imagined, so I am going to be re-thinking the routing of the cables. Next warm day! Maybe next Saturday although the forecast is for colder than today. I will be glad when winter is over.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #395]

12-31-2011 09:58 PM Crossmember
Another warm Saturday.

Elongated holes in passenger side mount bracket. Drilled all 8 holes in the frame.

The mount flange was cut off and repositioned. The bracket still needs some gussets to finish it. But for now, it holds the transmission up.

The struts were attached. Two holes need to be elongated. The third one is so far out it will take more drastic mods to make it work. I am contemplating cutting out the hole and some of the surrounding material and welding in a new, wider, piece of metal which will allow for the hole to be drilled through base metal, not weld metal. I am going to have to think about this. Cold front coming through but next Saturday is supposed to be nice.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #394]

12-19-2011 07:20 AM Elongate Holes
Saturday was sorta warm, so I was able to get a little done.

Elongated the holes on the driver's side of the crossmember. Located it on the frame and started drilling holes. Hoping New Year's Day is warm.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #393]

11-19-2011 11:59 PM K-Member And Other Things
I cut the ends of the crossmember off. I actually thought I was cutting them long and would have to grind to fit. In the end, the driver's side was perfect as cut. The passenger side ended up a bit short. The holes will need to be elongated about 3/16" so the bolts will go through the flanges of the top hat frame. The brackets were tack welded to the crossmember. Don is going to finish weld it for me next week. The pad where the transmission mount attaches will have to be cut off and moved up after the crossmember is bolted in place.

The overflow tank was tweaked and mounted to the radiator. The transmission dipstick was installed by mounting it to the firewall.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #392]

Pages (124): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.