The motor mount was drilled and tapped for the line clamp. At the front of the engine, the hard line ends and the braided stainless begins.
At the end of the day, I now have the circuit from the regulator to the float bowls.
All that is left is the long line from the pump to the regulator and the long line from the regulator back to the tank. In some respects this should be easier than the tight work. On the other hand, the chance to trash a whole lot of material due to a mistake is huge.
It's probably going to be 2 weeks before I can work on it again (weather permitting).
The header was put on so clearances could be checked. The lower battery mount needed to be removed, so the rivets were chiseled off and the bracket removed.
The car is never like I imagine it when I am building it in my head before I get to the garage. In this case, I didn't envision the inner fender being so angled as it approached the firewall. Finding the best place for the regulator took some time. In the end, it was mounted with three riv-nuts.
The hard line was formed to go from the regulator to the front of the engine.
Pulled the tank down. The passenger side line is for the return. The driver side is the supply. Originally, the fuel line from the tank to the filter was supposed to go to the crossmember. However, it didn't fit well that way. So, the flex line ended up a bit longer and it went between the tank and the tank strap instead of forward of the strap. I am pleased with it. At this point, the circuit is complete from the tank to the outlet of the fuel pump.
Had President's day off. It got up in the mid 50's but was damp and windy. Didn't move so fast.
The tank straps were cut and bent so the tank could be installed. I will still have to cut some rubber cushions to put between the tank and the floor and probably the straps and the tank.
I had hoped the fuel filter would go on the battery box to the left of the pump. It did not fit well there so I attached it to the CE shock crossmember. I got the hard line from the filter to the pump fabbed up. There was a little bit of a learning curve on bending the 3/8" steel tubing. I think I am ready to tackle the rest of the system now.