I keep ordering parts. They keep arriving. Last Saturday it looked like this weekend would be too cold. As the week went on, the Saturday forecast improved so it looked like it would be warm enough for at least 4 or 5 hours. But the storm on Friday lingered and it was too cold on Saturday (at least for me). Patched the living room ceiling. Carried boxes to the garage. The forecast for next Saturday looks promising. But this is Oklahoma.
Looks like we have settled in to the anti-hotrod Oklahoma winter weather pattern. Super nice weather during the week - too cold on Saturday.
Stayed in this weekend to do some repair work on the living room ceiling. Hoping next Saturday would be better. Now, the coldest day on the 10 day forecast is next Saturday. I may have to take a vacation day if I am going to get anything done in February.
Got a late start. A bit colder than last Saturday.
I determined the e-brake cables are going to have to meet just to the driver's side of the transmission hump. The right cable is just too short to do the frame mount on the driver's side frame rail. Not thrilled about it, but that's the way it is.
So, I had to install the shifter link so that I was sure the e-brake cable did not interfere. A little cutting. A little bending. The Lokar piece is in place.
I am still not 100% sure on how the cables will route. I did run them through the stock mounting clamps to see if this will work. So far so good.
I also checked how much cable travel there is when the handle is fully pulled. Approximately 2-3/4". This tells me how far apart to place the cable mounts and adjustment screw.
I decided to cut the piece off of each strut which had the hole in the wrong place. I cut less than I had marked out last time. New pieces were cut and welded in. The other two holes on each strut were elongated. After all the drilling, cutting, grinding, welding, more grinding, and more drilling, the struts are done. All that is left is to reinforce the tranny mount flange.
I started on the brake cables. They were shorter than I imagined, so I am going to be re-thinking the routing of the cables. Next warm day! Maybe next Saturday although the forecast is for colder than today. I will be glad when winter is over.
Elongated holes in passenger side mount bracket. Drilled all 8 holes in the frame.
The mount flange was cut off and repositioned. The bracket still needs some gussets to finish it. But for now, it holds the transmission up.
The struts were attached. Two holes need to be elongated. The third one is so far out it will take more drastic mods to make it work. I am contemplating cutting out the hole and some of the surrounding material and welding in a new, wider, piece of metal which will allow for the hole to be drilled through base metal, not weld metal. I am going to have to think about this. Cold front coming through but next Saturday is supposed to be nice.