Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 604
Views: 165304
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (121): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121

08-08-2010 07:03 AM Back Seat
Before the wiring gets further along, the rear seat belts must be addressed. No point putting in wires only to move them later.

The seat needs to be installed to correctly position the belts. The original back seat back cover was hog ringed on the modified back. Once installed, the bottom modifications could begin.

The first modification to the bottom was to modify the hump. I am not sure what Chrysler ran along the floor, but this hump is unbelievable. The 41 seat has no hump relief in the seat. There is a filler panel that goes below. The stock metal was cut away, straightened, and reinstalled. The supports were extended.

The sides were cut away. The bottom supports were modified to follow the contour of the 41 floor. Fabrication was begun on the new sides. Photos on Monday.

I also pulled down the headliner. What a mess that was.




(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #319]

08-04-2010 09:29 PM More Wiring
No photos. The camera melted. Just kidding.

I verified the wiring harness, the trunk release cable, and the 6 gauge supply wire would go up the A pillar. They all fit. I extended the wire for the starter and the radio accessory circuit. I guess the wire harness manufacturer didn't think someone would put the radio and the starter in the trunk.

  [Entry #318]

08-01-2010 07:12 AM Headlights, park, turn - DONE
The right front fender was removed. Holes were drilled for the mounting clips.

A brass all thread rod was cut to length to replace the second from the top inner fender to core support bolt. Originally the top bolt was considered. Since it carries most of the weight from the fender, the next one down was chosen. This stud will be the ground lug.

The loom tube and wires were cut to length. Connectors were installed. Everything but the headlights and the fans received WeatherPack connectors. The headlights and fans received MetriPack 280 connectors.

The driver's side was finished.

Everything is set up to remove prior to bodywork and paint. Once the engine and trans wires are complete, the firewall forward will be done. Waiting on the Mallory ballast resistor before that will be tackled. For now, it is back under the dash.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #317]

07-28-2010 10:29 PM More Wiring
Hot when I got home. Didn't start working on the car until after 7. Still 94 deg. at 7.

Installed the 3/4" loom clamps. I cut the relay grounds intending on putting ring terminals on them so they could attach with the circuit breaker bolts. Apparently I did not get any of that size. I have everything else. Another parts run!

Put the protective covers on the circuit breakers. Installed the 1/2" loom clamps behind the driver's side horn baffle. Will do the passenger side next. Then cut the headlight and park light wires to length and install connectors. Getting close to calling the front wiring harness done.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #316]

07-25-2010 07:14 AM More Wiring
The screws temporarily holding the condenser in place were removed and replaced with stainless 6-32 machine screws, washers and nuts. The 13" pusher fan was installed.

Most of the front sheet metal was put back on the car. The Ah-OOO-Gah horn was located and installed.

The holes on the inner fender were enlarged to allow the WeatherPack and MetriPak connectors to pass through. Larger grommets were installed. New holes were also drilled in the tops of the horn baffles to allow the wiring to pass over to the passenger side.

The stock hole in the headlight bucket will allow the female MetriPak double connector through. The new headlight pigtail had the wires removed. New 59 Packard connectors were crimped on the color coded wires and installed in the connector cavities.

5/16" holes were placed in the bottoms of the buckets for the turn signal wires to pass through. Grommets were fitted. The WeatherPack terminals will be crimped on the wires, but the housing will have to be installed after the wires are passed through the hole.

The grounds for the horn and the fan still need to be run to a stud inside the fender area. The headlight, turn signal, and park light wires still need to be cut to length and connectors installed. Clamps for securing the harness need to be installed.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #315]

Pages (121): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.