Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 604
Views: 165309
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (121): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121

07-19-2014 10:28 PM Door Panels
The panels were all popped off. The bottoms of the door panels were trimmed based on the line drawn just above the rocker ''hump.'' A coat of landau top adhesive was applied to the backs of the panels and plain sheets. Once dry the panels were placed on the plain sheet sections. After rolling out with a laminate roller, the rear panels were trimmed.

I decided to chop up the original armrests which were falling apart. The three pieces of wood in the original panel was my quest. After peeling off the old material and padding, the wood piece was inspected. The three pieces which make up the wood were in good shape but the glue holding them together had all but given up. They were separated, cleaned a little, glued, and stapled. A PVC piece was made and used to cover the the opening for the ash tray.

The metal angle for the leading edge was shrunk and stretched to form the leading edge of the armrest. It was drilled for nut-serts. Once all the nut-serts were in, The metal angle was epoxied to the


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #579]

07-17-2014 09:13 PM Door Panels
The panel hit the hump on the rocker. A line was drawn showing how much of the panel needs to be cut in order to clear the hump. This resulted in the need to move the holes up.

Once the holes were re-drilled, the holes were opened up to 1/4'' and Auvecos were installed.

The Auvecos on the passenger door were moved up as well.


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #578]

07-12-2014 08:13 PM Door Panels
One final shot of the under seat panel showing how the seat bottom fits now.

A piece of panel was cut and located on the door. 1/8'' holes were drilled and Clecos installed. The panel was marked and trimmed to fit. Holes for the window switch and latch release were drilled.

One by one (sometimes two by two!) the Clecos were removed, the holes enlarged to 1/4'', and Auveco clips were installed.

The right panel was checked on the left door. It was close enough so it was used to trace out the panel for the left door, saving some time. The holes were drilled and Clecos installed. Trimming was started.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #577]

07-12-2014 08:04 PM Under Rear Seat
Now that the side panels have their base layer made, the location of the under the rear seat panel had to be established so the mounting holes could be drilled. The fabrication of the arm rests will also be dependent on how the under panel ''spreads'' the side panels.

The seat bottom was installed and measured. There was quite a bit to be removed from the stand-offs. I decided to not weld them since they are going to be so short. They were cut to length, the channel was cut back to clear the seat riser, and the tabs this created were flattened.

Moving the panel back in the car also placed it over a different floor profile. The ends needed the brake to be relocated. trimmed, and slightly folded over.

The panel received cuts at both ends to clear the frame and notches near the ''catches'' where the round rod connects to the frame.

Shims were used to represent the carpet and pad. The tabs were bent to locate the panel correctly. Self drilling/tapping screws were installed. The locations of the side holes were marked on the side panels.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #576]

07-11-2014 09:42 PM Interior Panel Cards
The wife picked up two sheets of PVC. Not sure why I thought I needed three more. Senior moment I guess.

Cut the hole for the window regulators on both panels. Drilled and installed Clecos on the left panel. Also drilled the holes for the seat belts on that panel.

Then, one by one, the Clecos were pulled out, the hole drilled out to 1/4'', and Auveco clips were installed.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #575]

Pages (121): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.