Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: redsdad's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View redsdad's profile Entries: 616
Views: 168165
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (124): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124

08-20-2010 04:49 PM Seat Belts
With the inner belt location and mounting sorted out, I turned my attention to the outer mount. This is tougher. The frame runs under the floor with only about 3/16 clearance. The body mounting bolt reinforcement is directly behind the channel created by the floor.

I called Juliano's and talked to Joe. Great guy. Very helpful.

First, he said they could make a set of custom belts. Shorter and with the short triangle sized mounts. Then he said the belt mount could be mounted vertical instead of horizontal. If I could get the reinforcing plate back in the box created by the floors overlapping, I would be able to pick up a little over an inch on the belt to belt mounting distance.

Long story short, all I have left to do is weld.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #321]

08-14-2010 11:01 PM Seat Belts
The seat base isn't complete but it has been cut down enough to fit in the car.

The rear seat floor pan starts approximately at the B pillar and goes back and fits under the trunk floor. The trunk floor bends up, forward, down, and forward after it overlaps the rear seat floor, forming a crossmember. A three inch wide section was cut, the channel straightened and flattened, and cut to length. It was then welded in place making the floor double thickness.

For now, the reinforcing plate is held in place with the bolt. Once the underneath side of the floor is cleaned, the reinforcing plate will be welded in place.

After looking at what will be required to install the shoulder harness system, I will probably run lap belts only in the back seat.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #320]

08-08-2010 07:03 AM Back Seat
Before the wiring gets further along, the rear seat belts must be addressed. No point putting in wires only to move them later.

The seat needs to be installed to correctly position the belts. The original back seat back cover was hog ringed on the modified back. Once installed, the bottom modifications could begin.

The first modification to the bottom was to modify the hump. I am not sure what Chrysler ran along the floor, but this hump is unbelievable. The 41 seat has no hump relief in the seat. There is a filler panel that goes below. The stock metal was cut away, straightened, and reinstalled. The supports were extended.

The sides were cut away. The bottom supports were modified to follow the contour of the 41 floor. Fabrication was begun on the new sides. Photos on Monday.

I also pulled down the headliner. What a mess that was.




(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #319]

08-04-2010 09:29 PM More Wiring
No photos. The camera melted. Just kidding.

I verified the wiring harness, the trunk release cable, and the 6 gauge supply wire would go up the A pillar. They all fit. I extended the wire for the starter and the radio accessory circuit. I guess the wire harness manufacturer didn't think someone would put the radio and the starter in the trunk.

  [Entry #318]

08-01-2010 07:12 AM Headlights, park, turn - DONE
The right front fender was removed. Holes were drilled for the mounting clips.

A brass all thread rod was cut to length to replace the second from the top inner fender to core support bolt. Originally the top bolt was considered. Since it carries most of the weight from the fender, the next one down was chosen. This stud will be the ground lug.

The loom tube and wires were cut to length. Connectors were installed. Everything but the headlights and the fans received WeatherPack connectors. The headlights and fans received MetriPack 280 connectors.

The driver's side was finished.

Everything is set up to remove prior to bodywork and paint. Once the engine and trans wires are complete, the firewall forward will be done. Waiting on the Mallory ballast resistor before that will be tackled. For now, it is back under the dash.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #317]

Pages (124): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.