I am a little annoyed at my Street Rod Wiring harness. I didn't want the park, tail, and dash lights with their 18 gauge wires being protected by a 30 amp fuse. So instead of running a jumper from the head lights to the tail light terminal, I took the clock wire and ran it to power the park, tail, and dash lights. I am not going to have a clock, so I didn't need a dedicated circuit tied up powering nothing. It wasn't until after I had it all hooked up that I noticed the clock was wired to the accessory circuit. So was the dome light circuit. Come on! Who turns the key to ACC or ON before the clock or the dome light works? ! ? Anyway, I finally decided to cut the loop, move the brown accessory wire over, and run a red wire which will go to main power so these two circuits will be hot all the time.
I test fit the relays and the power steering reservoir to see where they fit the best. Then the front fender came off and the inner fender went on the panel stand. With the parts positioned, the holes were drilled and the parts mounted. Some of the wiring was done. Need to get more butt connectors. Rear relay will be for the fans. Moving forward, the low beams, the high beams, and, at the front, the horn.
It was hot Saturday. Rough day to jump into working on the car for the first time in the garage. Cut the hole for the bulkhead connector in the firewall. It is located under the hood hinge bracket in order to minimize its impact on the under hood area. The 3/8" insulated lug was also installed. My AC guy came by and will be ordering parts. Receiver/dryer, trinary switch, and bulkhead connector for the AC/heater hoses. Not shown, I pulled most of the wires through the bulkhead connector and marked them. Then I was able to bring the harness into the house. That allowed me to assemble the wires with the terminals in the comfort of AC.
Got the dash lights wired yesterday. Lots of crimping and shrinking. Had to do some soldering. Also hooked up the turn indicators and high beam indicators. I did break the lead on one of the AC control lights. Now I have to find a replacement. Just a little bit more and the dash wiring will be done. I will also have to make the routing a bit neater. Next will be the bulkhead connector at the firewall.
Well, my ankle is not 100% yet. But I have started working on the car again. I cut the dash wires on the wiring harness and installed a 56 Packard 8 cavity connector and two Weatherpack connectors. The wires which go to the gauges and switches were installed in mating connectors. The gauge power, ground, and signal leads are all hooked up except for the speedo signal. The headlight switch is all hooked up except for the dome, dash, and ground. The power lead is hooked up to the wiper switch. I still have to hook up the AC/heater, the indicator lights, the dash lights, and the power window switch. It is good to be back at it.