Well Im still alive and kicking and getting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this project. I have always disliked the gauges fitted as standard to the Commodore donor car and I bit the bullet and got a set of six TPI tech gauges off aussie ebay. This means of course the making of a new dash panel and will get me to remedy a problem I had from the start with the way the dash looks. Also the original dash had three plugs and forty wires for stupid stuff like a light to tell you your lights were on so I am deep sixing that too. Pics soon.
After looking at the side view of the car it looked a bit bland to me so I decided to change the look a little and I am putting rubber on the running boards. Rather than spend big bucks on the repro covers (they are over $1000 Au) I decided to do it the cheap way and off I went to clark rubber and got 1400mm length of ribbed rubber and a pot of glue for $78.