Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: jmfalco's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View jmfalco's profile Entries: 17
Views: 1964
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

06-11-2010 04:27 PM Original wood for Drip pan
Some pics of the original wood the drip pan mounts to. Was in pretty good shape except for the leg to the right. Obviously will have to make a new leg and a new top piece that curves to the shape of the window, the one on the right is there but I can't find where I placed the left one.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

06-11-2010 04:21 PM New Drip Pan
One pic of the new nearly completed rear window SS drip pan and two of the old pan showing the need for a new one. I've heard you can buy a new one but being a tight wad and enjoying the feeling of making it myself I made one out of a piece of scrap SS I picked up. It must have been the kind of SS that is not weld friendly as I had trouble with the welds. Not as neat as a new on but I won't have to worry about rust through with this one.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

06-07-2010 02:06 PM More pics
Pic of shop where work is done, steering offset box I made to move the steering over to clear the headers and a shot of the dash with alum insert and TPI gauges.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

06-07-2010 01:56 PM More pics
Some pics of one of the many times the body was on the frame to check fit or position of some items being added or built and the body in the air to work on the frame or running gear.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

06-06-2010 12:11 PM More pics
Drilling the bolt holes, using the saw to separate the cap from the top, and the mostly done hangers. They still need some hand work and polishing.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4