Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Javelin360's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Javelin360's profile Entries: 5
Views: 1061
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

09-01-2006 08:40 AM Hauling it home from Dixie.
The wait turned out to be 2.5 years. It seemed slow but for the small sum of $778.00 to get it all done I can't complain.

This is what I looked like when I got it home.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

09-01-2006 08:37 AM Paint anfd body work.
When I purchased the car my plan was to do the work myself. Reality soon set in. Working 12hr days 5-6 days a week away from home put a damper on my aspirations. I learned from a friend that occasionally Dixie College needed projects for the shop class. I contacted the Professor and they took on the project for the cost of material. The one catch was they wouldn't be able to be firm on a time frame. I was okay with this since I had lots of time. I stripped the car down to a shell and towed it the 110 miles to the college.

These are the pics I took just a few weeks before paint.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

08-31-2006 11:29 AM A bit of history
I've been a Deviant AMC guy since I got my first car a 72 Javelin SST. It was purchased in 1979 for 300 bucks. I've had 4 of these cars. I picked up this 74 back in 1999 In Winnemucca Nevada for $2500 bucks. It was very complete and still driveable. It had various dings and dents but noting major. All in all it was a very solid purchase.

This is the only older photo I've been able to dig up. This is right after I added the wheels and detailed the exterior. The car didn't look to bad on the outside and the interior was in fair shape but I wanted it put back to a near original state.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

08-30-2006 09:38 PM Some more shots
Here are several more shots. I detailed the engine compartment but the dust has taken over. I purchased front seats from an after market company and then had the rear seat covered to match. I also covered the reat package tray in the same material.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

08-30-2006 09:33 PM 74 Javelin
These are some pictures of the exterior of my 74 Javelin.
I've kept it the original AMC orange. It originally had the stripes in my avatar. I have found repos of them but haven't decided if I want them back on the car.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]