Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: DeputyDawg134's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View DeputyDawg134's profile Entries: 5
Views: 1038
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

11-18-2007 09:01 PM Finally complete and running.
Finally completed all the little things and got it running today. Have a few small issues to get squared up but nothing that can't be fixed by this weekend.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

07-17-2007 09:55 PM More progress......and my car too
I have some new images from the project. The engine is done, and sitting in the car, just needs a few finishing items. Anyway, more later, for now here are the pics.

The head mechanic is the one on the hood!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

04-28-2007 02:26 AM Slow and steady
Got the shortblock together, waiting on the heads to finish. Even though I am almost forty, I feel like a kid on the day of prom waiting for the darn thing to start. Patience has never been one of my virtues, and this is killing me! LOL

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

04-24-2007 01:02 PM Gettin' it together
Its funny, I have six kids (three boys and three girls) and out of all of them, my 13 year old daughter is the aspiring grease monkey, so here we are putting the engine together. no problems and all the clearances were in the middle of specs, and for all purposes identical. Btw, its really cool working with my daughter and seeing her get excited about learning and doing this stuff.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

04-24-2007 12:58 PM Finally started!
Well, It had to happen eventually. After looking at the Trans am sit in the yard for no less than two years. I finally got the time, money, (and permission from the better half) to get started on the 'ol bird. First things first, Got the engine out (late model chevy 350) disassembled and sent it out to the machine shop. After much nail biting and about 2 weeks, it came back with a clean bill of health and a .030 overbore. Threw some paint on it and took a picture.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]