Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Rip VW's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Rip VW's profile Entries: 27
Views: 3620
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6

01-31-2017 10:27 PM Rip VW's 27 T Coupe Project-Deck Lid
This is a photo continuation of the inner deck lid shell work

Photo 1 Top view left rear.
Photo 2 more left rear.
Photo 3 Top left and left side

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

01-31-2017 10:10 PM Rip VW's 27 T Coupe Project-Deck Lid
Well the tail panel is wrapped up so on to the Deck Lid. The one on the car was pretty messed up so I picked up a new deck lid skin and decided to start the process of re skinning the deck lid framework.

Tear down was not all that surprizing as the old skin came of quite readily. There are some typical rust out spots. I picked up some 18ga steel to replace the rust out spots. Now all I have to do is decide where to cut and what to replace in the inner frame. So I am going to try to drop a few pictures here and maybe get some advice on where to cut and hack.

Set back and lets see what happens.

Picture 1 This is the Inner deck lid frame.
Picture 2 Backside of the panel showing damage spots.
Picture 3 Good look at the left side rust.
Picture 4 Underside view of right side.
Picture 5 Wider view of picture 4.
Picture 6 Right rear corner.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

01-23-2017 06:06 PM Rip VW's 27 T Coupe Projec-Rear body panel continued
Well, Here I am back on the T Project after several Finding the rear tail panel fit to be un acceptable. I have had to basically rebuild for the second time, the Tail Panel on my T. Since I found out I had screwed up the vertical supports of the tail panel framework.

So I took the whole tail panel back apart, and found the error of my ways. I had made side supports before and had welded them in. The problem was the supports were on the wrong side of the frame work and they looked crappy to boot.

Now fast forward and I cut the old braces out and fabricated up two new new pieces out of some 16 Ga steel. I started with two flat pieces formed them at right angles to make my own angle iron. I used my newly acquired shrinker and stretcher to put the curve into angle. I matched the curve to the T strips and welded the new pieces in. I shot some rustoleum on the welds to keep them from rusting.

I have test fit the skin and the fit is correct now. All pieces are playing in harmony now. Tomorrow I will re - attach the skin and clamp it all together and when I am happy with the fit I will drill the holes and bolt it up.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

01-03-2017 11:59 AM Ripvw's 27 TCoupe Project Test Post for Helena
Here I am manually typing some information. I will paste a text message created in word pad below this line.

I create this message in word pad and I will copy this to my journal just below the manual entry.

I pasted a message on the line above.

That figures, it worked now....

Lets try an edit...

I tried a lot to get my pasted message entered before and it did not work!! Am I going crazy????? Nope, I can't cause I am already there.

New test. Iwill post text direct from MS Word 10 right here

This is a message created in Microsoft word. I will try to copy paste this into the message. I pasted a segment of word in the preceding.

Final Paste test. I am pasting a message created in word. copied and saved in word pad and then re loaded and pasted in to this space...( This is a message created in Microsoft word. I copied from MS Word to word pad and saved file. I then re opened the file in word pad and will copy paste into my message) This is the final test messasge.

I am done thanks for your patients !

[Entry #24]

12-29-2016 10:36 PM Ripvw's 27 TCoupe Project-T edit problem
Please ignore this entry

[Entry #23]

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6