Finished all the body work on the top on Wednesday. Here's a picture of it getting ready for primer. Nothing fancy, just some flat black. Got the windows in. I cut the old windshields, using a die grinder. I have new ones being cut, but they won't be done in time. I also have the back windows in with the new rubber. I was able to use the same back side windows. I won't have and door windows for the show... I've been busy. Oh, also got the seat bolted in. I'll post more pix tomorrow when it's light out.
Finished all the welding this weekend. Did a bunch of griding, then primed all the bare metal. Notice my dad's car in the background....unlike me he is all ready for the Goodguys show on Saturday. I have a little work to do. I did get new seats from my dad too. I plan on having those in for the show as well.
I have most everything is tacked in now, just a few more gaps to fill above the doors etc. Then, let the serious welding begin. I have to pull it out of the garage once and a while to step back and make sure it looks right. I think it's looking pretty good......
I tacked in the other side window and door frame, now i'm on the gap under the back window. It's very uncommon to spend a whole weekend in the garage so I was able to get a good amount of cutting and welding done. Wy wife has alot of patience.
I cut patterns using cardboard, this is where taking your time pays off.