A while back I made my steering wheel, but never finished it. I've been using it, but the wood screws in the wheel kept coming loose, and it's been in bare metal for way too long. Here I show where I've added metal inserts with bolts into the holes. I also put epoxy in with the inserts for added strength. I also finished welding the center, and now it's in primer. the center of the center cap is chrome, which is why it's taped off.
Got the engine back together, and running, sounds bad a@$. Now I need to clean up the engine compartment a little, make some better radiator mounts, and put my new valve covers on (plain tall aluminum) that I should have in a few days.
I installed a new cam today. It's a Summit cam 224/224 Duration @ .050" .465/.465 Lift.
I didn't take any step by step pictures. Here's a before and now with the cam in. I hear it's a good idea to installed a new timing chain when replacing the Cam, so I did. I also added a new chrome timing chain cover. I will hopefully fire it up tomorrow night, Too bad we can't post sounds.....
Here's the cart finished. It has the following..
two hangers for welder wires
hanger for power cords
Wire brush/ slag hammer hooks
area for scrap metal
Box for welding rod with divider for Extra Flux core wire and small tools