Over the weekend I aquired another project. It's a 29 model A frame, 1932 wire wheels, and a 1941 merc flathead. It's eventually going to be a rat rod. I'm working on drawings of what i want it to be. It won't be a serious project until the studebaker is finished...... Right now it's at my parents house until I get room in the garage.
I saw this in a magazine a while back, there was a car in the background of a picture up on these. thought it was a good inexpensive way to keep your car up. Very good when your doing something that jack stands might get in the way.
It's just a bunch of 2x4" cut to 16" and held together with stout screws.
I plan on chopping the top, don't know when. I actually learned more about chopping a studebaker in another project journal. "1950bulletnose's" project journal shows how to do it. He actually used the same back window, which is always the hardest thing about a chop. I think I want to go with a 2" chop in front and maybe 3" in back, just enough to notice it's chopped. It might be a little too much in this photoshoped picture....
I replaced the wheel cylinders last night, real easy basic job. I went ahead and replaced both sides, S-10 parts are cheap anyway. The only tricky part is getting the clip that holds it in place on. Other than that just switch and bleed the brakes.