Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: joeford's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View joeford's profile Entries: 39
Views: 8932
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

11-08-2012 06:35 PM The fire....
Speechless

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #39]

11-08-2012 06:31 PM Recovery from Fire
Well it has been a long time since my last post. I just could not bring my self to posting without having made some significant progress since the fire toasted my project. As you can see from the pictures progress is being made. Hallelujah!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #38]

12-28-2010 09:31 PM Well...that's life....
Almost seven years ago, I purchased my first project car after looking for almost a year for just the right car....a 36 Ford 5 window business coupe. A dream of mine since teens, 57 years old (now 64) and finally able to afford one, and a novice to boot....I knew I had my work cut out for me.

With a lot of online research, the help of members of hotrodders.com, and a few car guys along the way, things were looking good. TCI chassis, 383 stroker, Edlebrock EFI, 700R, and the body was nearing completion.....Then September, 2010, my wife lost her 91 year old mother and I lost the best mother in law a guy could hope for....Then my first signs of aging hit me low in the back. Finally a call from my body/paint guy...his garage had burned down. Need I say more? Oh did I mention that with the grieving and health issues, I had let my insurance lapse by three days.

So, why am I dumping this out there....Just to say NO....I haven't given up. I retire at the end of December and as soon as I can get the neck and back taken care of, I plan to start disassembly of the chassis. The body is already getting blasted back to metal.

Look around...no matter what the issue...health, finances, or stuff....there are always those who have it worse off. We hear that a lot, but until we're on the receiving end, we don't look around very often. We I've had an opportunity to look around lately and it is true....there are many folks out there who have it a lot worse off.

Good times and bad times are both a part of life. God bless...

[Entry #37]

04-02-2010 08:41 AM Floorboard
Guys did a great looking job on fitting new floorboard.....BEing the sceptic I am, I have to see the body on the chassis and the doors in place squared and aligned....but for the moment it really looks good...

A little nip and tuck on the rear should give the smooth rolled look I'm after....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

03-30-2010 07:13 PM Pan in
Looks good...

[Entry #35]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8