Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: JR66Ford's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View JR66Ford's profile Entries: 16
Views: 3174
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

05-02-2007 04:39 PM Regrouping
Ok, I'ts been over a year since I've done anything to my truck. Maybe it's for the best as I have now decided how to finish it. Plus, the fact that I HAVE to finish it. I plan on taking it on a 1500 mile trip to Maryland in July or August.

So, as you can see in my previous picture posts, I'm confused as to what to do with the floor. I decided to scrap the whole crown vic floor and fab a new one. I will be able to stretch the space to fit more comfortably that way without it looking cobbled up.

So, no pictures yet. Gotta finish painting a Honda for an import enthusiast first, then it's balls to the wall on my '66. Yee Haw!!

[Entry #16]

01-18-2006 08:05 PM Seat fit problems
Ok, before I decided to start welding up the floors, I decided to check the fit of the stock seats into the cab to measure leg room. Well, it would fit great if I was 5'8". Since I'm 6'1" it's not too comfortable. So,.....the great decision arises. New seats, new floor, or stretch the cab?

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

01-14-2006 02:39 PM Final trim and fit
Here is a shot of the final trim and fit. It's sitting where I need it to sit. I'm going to make another set of cab mounts for the rear of the cab. The car mounts sit under the seats and there is still another 10-12 inches of cab hanging off the back so I didn't want the floors stressed and buckle. Currently the rocker panels sit 9"s off the ground. I hope there is that much suspension travel to I can get it all the way down.

I've been getting a lot done lately. My work truck is in the shop, so I can't work and it's been between 65 and 75 for the past 3 weeks.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

01-13-2006 09:05 AM Bed
Here's just a shot of the bed. Nothing special yet.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

01-13-2006 09:04 AM cab on
Well, I've got the cab sitting on there. I think I want it lower though. Right now the lower edge of the door is 11 inches from the ground. I'm probably going to drop it 2 inches or so. I plan to run airbags on the truck and the goal is to set the rockers on the ground. I'm not sure if there is enough suspension travel to drop it that far. As you can tell in the photos, I was too excited to leave it alone. So, I put 2 bolts in the fender and set the hood and door in place just to see how it looks. I also want to make sure the front wheel is lined up in the wheel opening. I think it looks good. I want to run 20" wheels, but I hope that they won't interfere with the fender when turning. There is almost 4 inches of overlap from the fender edge to the tire. Those tires on right now are 215/75/15's. I could probably run a 245/45/20 and only be half an inch taller than current setup. Don't worry, I'm not running bling billet wheels. I've got a secret weapon hiding that hasn't hit the hotrod scene yet.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4