Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: RedFox's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View RedFox's profile Entries: 11
Views: 2796
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

03-20-2007 04:55 PM camaro clip con't 56 chevy truck
Started making the plates to tie the clip to the truck frame.

put in plates on the inside about a foot long that will be plug welded up further on the camaro clip that will really give this thing some strenght.

Also started on the rear end, cleaned up the axel to flip it.

Todays goal is to finish the plates on the front of and get it welded up, then notch the rear.

I may wait and put the engine in later so i can clean up the firewall and paint the frame. but man i want to drive it =)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

03-19-2007 01:48 PM Camaro Clip Cont, 56 chevy
Ok its been a few days.. and i swear every damn bolt on this thing needs a torch and an hour to get off, well at least the rivits anyway. spent 2 hours the other day just getting off the rear mounts for the front leaf springs..

Ok this is where we are
We had axel centerline, we measured 14" back on the old frame and 15 back on the new frame, why the difference you ask? well i wanted to bring the front wheels farther slightly by that one inch. otherwise it would have been done at 15"

with the clip up on the jigs (sets it at level and proper ride height for 26" tires.) i scribed the line and cut

then with both frames cut we butted the two together made our measurements side to side and diagnal to make sure it was square.

now we are forming peices to make the transissions

here are the pics:

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

03-15-2007 04:25 AM Camaro suspension 56 3100 cont..
ok got some good amount of time on the truck today got the engine out the front suspension off rear axel out, pressure washed it again.
Mocked up ride height ready to cut the frame tomarrow.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

03-13-2007 11:39 AM Camaro Front Clip
Here are some pics of the truck during tear down. I started to look at how you attach this front end and its to damn easy. You basically cut back your frame match the clip with axel centerline then trim and weld.
=D
Oh and I am debating puting in a 10 bolt rear axel since i need to match the 5 lug anyways

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

03-11-2007 07:17 PM Tear down continued 56 3100
Ok been busy so I couldn't update like I wanted to

I have the bed off and pressure washed the rear.

The front is ready to come off, then the engine and it will sit as a cab on frame =D

I also bought a 78 camaro z28 front clip complete with steering and brakes. got it from GM Sports Salvage in San Jose. (note will only deal if you bring cash =\ )

Here are a few pics (forgot to take pics of the clip when i dropped it off at the shop.

1: truck with no bed, great paint job huh
2: bed on table
3: floors pretty solid, the back of the cab has some rust under the gas tank but i cant find any holes and its pretty solid, so i am ok with it.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3