Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Bill Cutting's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Bill Cutting's profile Entries: 16
Views: 1385
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): 1 [2] 3 4

05-29-2012 07:12 AM Gasser rear frame
Rear frame parts are now built. Need to figure out the ladder bars and the shock crossmember next

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

05-29-2012 07:08 AM Front Engine Dragster
Working on a Vintage Dragster Project. Mounting rear axle,transmission, and engine. Need to mount engine and trans to align to differential pinion shaft. Ford 9 inch rear, looks like it will end up around 40 inches axle flange to flange. This will work well with the vintage Ansen Sprint wheels.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

04-25-2012 09:32 AM TCI front suspension going
Here's a pic of front end I'm taking out. If you know someone who need it- let me know-

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

04-24-2012 07:57 AM More fitting of new frame stuff
Made some more body mounts from the frame to support the body in the four major mounting
locations. Need to decide on how to construct the rear frame now. My old frame is useable on the rear section, but I'm thinking of continuing the 2x4 material all the way to the rear crossmember area.
Cut out the TCI front suspension, and will sell that. It is a kit for a 40 Ford, with coilover shocks,
and metric caliper brakes ystem. Have the optional sway bar set up to go with it as well.
Been trying to find the right wheel combination to make it look like a 60"s build, and that is a Big problem. I would like to do the American Racing Torque Thrust D wheels, but they don't seem to make them with the 5 inch back space for the 10 inch wide wheels I need. I guess I can do the Centerline
solid wheels, because they have the right backspacing. Going to run a 30 inch tall tire, and 10.5 wide,
or maybe 11.5. Been thinking whether to try a radial slick or stay with a bias ply. The front tires I have are radials, and they are the height I want Don't know how bad it will handle with mismatched tires.
I see a lot of folks doing this, but it kind of has me concerned.

[Entry #8]

04-13-2012 07:15 AM 58 Corvette Gasser
Made some changes to my front axle set up. Was way too high with the spring mounts below the frame,
so I made plates to mount the springs on the side of the rails to drop the car the 4 inches. Car sets
a lot better now.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

Pages (4): 1 [2] 3 4