Another month waiting and it would seem the registration paperwork was filled out incorrectly a typo, the wrong motor size, this will hold things up once again, finally I have been given the ok to take it down to the testing station to do the final test and register the bucket. On Thursday the 5 May 2016 we took the bucket by trailer to the testing station and at 10:35 it was deemed ready for the New Zealand roads registered and a 5 year warrant of fitness as it is classed as a new vehicle.
Started as a project on June 20th 2005 so 10 years 10 months and 15 days later it is on the road. Drove it back home form the testing station 35ks very happy.
Would I ever attempt something like this again, No. If anyone in NZ is going to attempt this epic exercise I suggest you buy and old hotrod that is still registered and change it to how you want it, going through the scratch build cert system is a nightmare and more than likely unless you are a very patient and stubborn to succeed you will more than likely give up.
Last hopefully the gear lever needed an indication as the one on the Lokar shifter knob was not good enough anymore. The gear lever indicator was made from some ply wood carpeted and the selector numbers fixed to it.
Looks terrible and will be removed after cert is completed. Will look into some type of electronic LED indicator placed on the dashboard.
More changes, seems like the rules change as fast as I change my underpants, now two window wipers are required so a window wiper on the passenger side required, dam does the passenger need to see if it is raining, I am sure if it is raining the T will be tucked up warm and snug in the shed. The second Window wiper was a little more difficult, machined a clamp block to slide over the window frame, and fitted an S/Steel shaft and locking nut to hold the wiper arm on. Had to purchase two new arms so they looked the same.
Made a connecting rod between the two out of aluminum still needs polishing but good enough to prove they both operate correctly.
It been a while since I have had the time to update this.
Finally all cert changes on the second attempt made and the entire paperwork ready for final certifying so close to finishing this epic journey, nope back the cart up, still more changes required. The cert people picked up a few more things they were not happy with, roll bar locking bolts, would seem 5/8 HTS UNF bolts that hold the seat belts on plus a 3/8 bolt did not cut it so had to add another bolt to each side, Brake pipe supports required.