Once again I decided to change work already completed. I found the gearbox tunnel was too high and not enough room for my feet so I cut the old one out and re-fabricated it narrower and shorter by 4 inches it also looks much tidier.
Photo 1 The old tunnel.
Photo 2 The new tunnel.
Photo 3 Both side by side.
Photo 4 New tunnel in place but not screwed down.
Onto the front light wiring.
As you need to hide all the wiring I purchased some stainless steel braided hose.
I machined a nipple to go into the frame and a Ferrell to keep the braid from unwinding.
Photo 1 the nipple I machined, the thread provided a challenge.
Photo 2 the ferrell over the stainless steel braid.
Photo 3 one end fitted to the frame. I need to clean the bucket as its getting very dusty.
Photo 4 the light end took a bit of playing around to get it to fit.
Photo 5 the completed cable cover.
Photo 1, Wired each LED up, 4 sets in series, 4 set in parallel as each LED is 3 volts, 4 in series gives me 12 volts supply.
Photo 2, Lantern fitted to bucket with the lens installed.
Photo 3, Parking light turned on
Photo 4, In the dark looks better
Photo 5, Indicator and parking lights powered up.
Front lantern install
Photo 1, 1/4 nylon disc machined to fit the inside of the lantern face.
Photo 2, Using the new toy to machine it.
Photo 3, Drew a pattern for the LEDís on CAD 16 LEDís in each light.
Photo 4, LEDís and the indicator light glued onto the nylon disc
Photo 5, Front view of the nylon light disc
Photo 6, Glued the amber lenses into the lantern front cover