Wet sanded the back tray, went down to the local car paint supply shop & purchased the base coat & clear coat.
Also under the instructions of the team down there purchase a new gravity feed spray gun.
Waited for a nice day as a spray booth is not something I have in the back yard, I sprayed the base coat then applied the clear. Seemed to come out not to bad, I will do the body in a booth.
Next is to wet sand the clear & polish it.
Carried on with the back tray, allot of fiber-glassing and body filling.
Photo 1 I welded a piece of S/Steel angle into the gap to save time.
Photo 2 Body filler added, then came heaps of sanding.
Photo 3 That magic stuff spray putty added to take out all the small marks.
Photo 4, 5 & 6 Sprayed the undercoat on, ready for final wet sanding.
While Iím waiting for the fibre-glass to set on the back tray I decided to played around with the truck mirrors I found on the net.
Took a photo of the window screen support as they are back from the chrome platers, very poor chroming job wonít be going back to them it seems they never cleaned the steel first, the chrome has the steel rolling marks in it. I thought he looked like a very tired person I guess you canít find everyone that takes pride in their work.
They chromed the diff cover also they never took out the pit marks on the aluminium so this will need to be stripped & re-done, nice one Windsor Electroplaters Adelaide wasted $200.00 bucks.
Loaded the incorrect photo on the last post so will try again
Photo 1 Night Rider electronic kit Assembled.
As I cannot add a video here follow the link to see the lights working http://youtu.be/iiqGKztZfKU
Started on the back lights, purchased the lanterns from Speedway, these always look good. Decided on something different for the indicators, all of us oldies will remember KIT Knight Riders car with the front lights in the grill well I have taken this one step further using an electronic kit supplied down here & a few modifications, high powered LEDís, installed a pot and changed a few resistors gave me what I wanted. I drilled two rows of holes to fit the 3mm LEDís into the back ridge on the tray.
18 sets of wires & LEDís position vertically has the LED's raising and falling, the pot allows me to speed them up or slow them down.
Photo 1 LED showing the anode and cathode, anode is positive, cathode is negative plus the wooden template made.
Photo 2 LED cathode bent at 90 degree.
Photo 3 both LEDís set up ready to be soldered.
Photo 4 LEDís solder together and the wires added.
Photo 5 Hole drilled in the tray ridge.
Photo 6 Night Rider electronic kit assembled.