Radiator cover final undercoat applied
Photo 1 & 2, fitted the cover to the radiator to mark out the center to fit the shiny pieces.
Photo 3 & 4, Shiny pieces added, as I want to have this working an Ali disc will need to be machined to transfer the heat to the Moto-Meter, it wonít be correct but close, as there should be no air flow over the top of the radiator.
Photo 5, painted the core black not sure if I like it but itís too late now.
Photo 6, Finish coat applied.
After many hours of body filling & sanding, I finally spoke to a panel beater to see if they could lend a few words of wisdom to getting a good finish. He told me to purchase some spray putty and this would take out all the blemishes from the body filler, he was correct after a few coats as seen in the photos it came out quite good one more coat of undercoat then onto the final coat. I canít go past adding a little bling to everything so Speedway Motors came to mind once again, purchased a chromed wing & Boyce Junior Motometer.
Designed the fan cover on CAD
Photo 1. Using 1.5 mm plate I cut all the pieces out.
Photo 2. Marked out the center plate then cut the circular hole out.
Photo 3. All four sides tack welded together & fitted to radiator to ensure it did fit.
Photo 4. Center section tack welded to the side frame.
Photo 5. Fan installed to the cover & installed to see that this also fitted.
Photo 6. The gap between the motor & fan is very tight, I should be able to get 1 inch clearance by the
time move everything around this should be enough.
I purchased two pieces of ĹĒ squared steel, I clamped the middle onto my engine lifter & using 2 x 12Ē shifter twisted half of the bar 360 degrees clockwise. Then I did the same to the other side to make a one of a kind window spiral support bar, no doubt someone has already done this but I havenít seen any as yet. Fabricated one end to fit on the light stands & the other to fit the top of the window support pillar.
I purchased a fiberglass radiator cover many years ago and have never liked the way it looked, also there is a lot of cutting & fiber-glassing to get it to fit correctly (I hate fiberglass) so out it goes.
Found a good looking radiator on the web & decided to copy it. Started cutting the plate steel to fabricate it from.
Photo-1 Front plate cut to size.
Photo-2 Top plate cut to size.
Photo-3 Top & front tack welded the two together.
Photo-4 All tacked together & fitted to the radiator.
Photo-5 Left hand view from front.
Photo-6 Back view a lot of work still to do to the back as I need to add the slim line fan, I do not want to mount it to the radiator by putting holes in it.