Learned a valuable lesson, don't believe anything anyone says when they are selling you something.
Took the Bucket for its first run down the road, all was going well until I turned around. Had to do a three point turn on placing it in reverse the gearbox made a large bang thought it had backfired. On returning back to the workshop found a line of red fluid trailing back to the turn. This was just before I had to put it in the container for the trip back to NZ.
Once back in NZ purchased another gearbox, first job of my holiday remove the old gearbox and replace it. Seems simple but many hours of cleaning undercoating and painting the new one. A week later it was ready for test driving once again.
Quite a few issues that need modification.
1. Drive shaft needs replacing, need to be made from a professional, stamped and certified.
2. Drive shaft safety loop also needs to be professionally manufactured.
3. Indicators not allowed to move so have incorporated with the brake light same as USA cars.
4. Front axle needs to be crack tested and certified safe to use.
5. High brake light needs to be ANZ certified.
6. Back tray needs to be locked down.
7. High beam light must be blue and installed.
8. Back brace needs to be welded to the safety belt center lower bracket.
9. Mirrors must fold back.
10. Rubber pad required on brake pedal.
None of these are a major problem to resolve, just time to do it all.
As there is no way of getting the T-Bucket on the road in Adelaide Australia, I have packed it all up and sent it back to New Zealand, Left AU in December and arrived in NZ just before Xmas. I will only be able to work on it when I do trips back to NZ. I have started the process of getting it certified for the road.
Filled the tank with fuel and started it for the second time, this time with everything completed.
I was instructed to run it at 2 to 3000 rpm to run the cam shaft in. It started very well but after a few minutes a lot of black smoke and the motor choked and died, had to wait many hours before I could get it running again the same happened. Thought it was running out of fuel, how so wrong I was, after talking to a carb shop he told me I had to high fuel pressure and needed to check the systems pressure. After purchasing a pressure gauge I connected it to the line just before the carb. On turning the fuel pump on the pressure needle went right around until it hit the start peg. This gauge was now throw away material, went back to the speed shop and purchased an in line pressure valve and a new gauge.
The pressure was factory set to 9 psi, I tried restarting it once again it ran like it should. One very happy camper. Even the boss and grandson was happy.
I will be going for a test drive this weekend.