Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Enigma10's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Enigma10's profile Entries: 228
Views: 48294
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (46): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

04-11-2013 04:29 AM Back Tray
Well as said in the last post onto the tray once again.
I had a few mishaps when I was buffing the tray, they say it was tied hands, I dropped the angle buffer and this ended up cutting through the clear-coat and the base coat. After discussing what can be done everyone said sand it back with 600 wet and dry and start again. After a few very hot and cold days the steel under the bond-fill cracked away. I have purchased a new product of bondi this has fiberglass mixed in it, hopefully this will solve the problem.
Photo 1 I cut all the filler out and replaced it with fiberglass.
Photo 2 Once again sanded it all back and blended the repair in.
Photo 3, 4 and 5 Shows the chips and rub through marks


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #208]

04-08-2013 03:00 AM Body painting
Sanded the body and applied a K2 primmer, sanded this down and went onto the base-coat clear-coat stage.
Set it up in the spray booth supplied by my work. Watched many video’s on how to do it, found an excellent young person Tony at http://www.youtube.com/user/HowToPaintYourCar
After following his examples to the letter I have finally finished the body exterior that looks great.
Photo 1 In the spray booth.
Photo 2 First 4 coats of base applied.
Photo 3 Sanded it with 1200 then applied two more base coats
Photo 4 Clear-coat now on it just needs to dry
Photo 5 Dashboard completed
Photo 6 Window pillars completed.
Now I have finished this the back tray will need to be done again as it did not come out as good as this.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #207]

01-18-2013 10:15 PM Firewall Mirror
What would a T-Bucket be without a mirror finished firewall.
Now with plastic products making it very simple there is no reason not to.
This also saves a lot of prep work and saves painting it. I had to repair a few mistakes made on the steering holes cut in the firewall, this was due to moving the steering box twice. I won’t be removing the paper protector until the body is painted. Hopefully by the end Feb.
Photo 1 Shows one of the holes filled in.
Photo 2 Show the start of the patch to repair the second hole.
Photo 3 Plastic sheet with the template on it ready for cutting out.
Photo 4 Plastic sheet glued into firewall after using grease and dirt remover.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #206]

01-18-2013 09:55 PM Brake switch
Hello 2013 maybe this is the year I will have it on the road.
On to the brake light switch bracket, made from S/Steel, fabricated from a peace of 1 inch angle.
Had to thread the booster shaft very difficult as I could not get it out without stripping it down. Used a die nut to do the job. Added a lock nut to the striker plate I will use this to added the return spring.
Photo 1 Stainless angle.
Photo 2 Completed bracket ready for fitting.
Photo 3 Switch added to bracket.
Photo 4 Back view of switch.
Photo 5 Made the striker plate from 1 inch S/Steel.
Photo 6 Fitted to the chassis.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #205]

12-01-2012 09:07 PM Fuel Tank Polishing
Started on polishing the Fuel tank today. First had to modify a few tools to make the work easier.
Photo 1 The arbor which needed a 1/2” shaft to fit the power drill, glad I had a lathe.
Photo 2 The drill with the 3M Scotch Brite wheel came first. This took all the serious marks off.
Photo 3 The next step the polishing mop and polishing brick.
Photo 4 What it looked like before I started, not looking forward to the task.
Photo 5 The end cap polished
Photo 6 The tank polished, after the mop and soap came the metal liquid polish.
It took 4 hours and a few breaks to let the drill cool down, Pity the tank will be inside the tray & not seen.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #204]

Pages (46): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.