Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Enigma10's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Enigma10's profile Entries: 228
Views: 48304
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (46): 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

10-20-2012 03:07 AM Diff Cover continued
Photo-1 The head of the plug machined.
Photo-2 Plug cleaned and polished.
Photo-3 Installed the plug, pity the chrome wasn’t up to scratch.
Photo-4 View of the entire diff cover I will wait until I get back to NZ to re-chromed it.
Photo-5 Cover fitted to the diff ready for filling with oil.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #198]

10-20-2012 03:03 AM Diff cover
Diff cover
Photo-1 Shows a hole left by the Watts arm shaft which is a problem now keeping the oil in.
Photo-2 After turning an Ali rod down I used a 16mm dye nut to run a thread down.
Photo-3 Closer view of photo-2
Photo-4 Thread finished ready for further machining.
Photo-5 Rod set up in the lathe ready for parting off.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #197]

10-19-2012 06:36 PM Hand brake continued.
Photo-1 The handbrake handle cable needed to be shortened so off to the experts to sort it out.
Photo-2 The handle with the new crimped thread added.
Photo-3 Handbrake handle fitted into the bucket.
Photo-4 The fulcrum lever setup
Photo-5 Works how it is meant to another part nearly finished just needs painting.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #196]

10-19-2012 06:32 PM Hand Brake
Stared on the parking brake. Had to remove the oil cooler for the gearbox to fit the hand brake cables.
Photo-1 Using the Ford Fairmont brake cables I covered the outer sheaf with high voltage heat shrink to get a better look.
Photo-2 Made the first bracket that needs to be welded to the body.
Photo-3 The two parts fitted together before welding on.
Photo-4 The second bracket needed to be a bit longer.
Photo-5 Temporary setup of the cables & the fulcrum arm.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #195]

09-10-2012 02:26 AM Gearbox Tunnel
Once again I decided to change work already completed. I found the gearbox tunnel was too high and not enough room for my feet so I cut the old one out and re-fabricated it narrower and shorter by 4 inches it also looks much tidier.
Photo 1 The old tunnel.
Photo 2 The new tunnel.
Photo 3 Both side by side.
Photo 4 New tunnel in place but not screwed down.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #194]

Pages (46): 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.