Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: RONNYinWAXHAW's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View RONNYinWAXHAW's profile Entries: 23
Views: 3536
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5

02-21-2009 12:22 PM El Camino Journal
Photo number one is my first El Camino, a 1970 SS396 with a TH400 and a twelve-bolt rear. I owned this truck back in the late 70's. Photo number two is one of my current El Caminos, a 1979 with a 305/TH350 and a 7.5 rear. Photo three is one of the parts cars.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #23]

02-21-2009 12:33 PM This will take a while
Now that the photos have uploaded, I guess my journal is started. I have three El Caminos, The black 1979 that is a driver, the blue parts car, and a white parts car that is without the chassis. I recently tried to sell all these, but had only a few curious inquiries. I've decided to keep them, and try to get back to my plan. I have a 350 that needs to be rebuilt, a T-5 with the bellhousing from a 305 Firebird, and a T.P.I. set-up, also from a 305 Firebird. There's also a couple of 700R4s lying around here, a 12-bolt rear and a nine-inch Ford rear. And the front clip and doors from a 1985 Monte Carlo SS.
With the economy the way it is, and "the change" surely being in the distant future, it is going to be a while between posts.

[Entry #22]

02-21-2009 12:42 PM the white parts car
This is the white parts car. I was given this one by a guy who said "Just get it out of my yard." The chassis, drivetrain and front clip were gone, but the tan interior is still there. I have the title to this one, and have bought a 1981 front clip for it.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #21]

04-04-2010 02:58 PM Finally Started
With good weather in the Carolinas and my paycheck starting to look better, we are getting started. The blue truck is gone, and I'm solely focused on the black truck. My son is doing the work, and because we live an hour apart, he's stopping to take photos as he works and sending them to me. Here he's installing the Monte Carlo SS front clip.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

04-04-2010 03:03 PM Finally Started 2
These last two shots show the truck with the Monte Carlo SS front clip installed. The doors will have the El Camino glass swapped in, and then they will be installed. The SS was in a salvage yard, and the driver's side door had been replaced with a door from a non-SS Monte Carlo. There will be more shortly.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5